none
Project Site - display status report RRS feed

• Question

• I use Project Server 2013 and have a question regarding setting up a status report on a project site.

The project managers produce a weekly status report in an MS Word document. This status report has a number of sections viz.

summary of status, actions completed in past week, actions due in the next week, risks and a RAG dashboard of cost, time and scope.

I would like to display this status report on the project site in such a way that users can see it without having to click on a file to open it. In other words, I know that I can upload the file, but that means that senior management would need to click to get to the project site, click on a menu and then a file will open.

Is there any way to display the status report without having to open another file?

Sunday, April 23, 2017 12:21 PM

All replies

• Hi,

You have a video explaining how to do this by embeding the document url in a webpart, after having uploaded the document in a librairy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhV1UaFLIgQ

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

Wednesday, May 3, 2017 1:14 PM
  • It is definitely what I am looking for, but my view seems to be missing a step.

On 0:30 minutes of the video, after clicking on the three dots next to the file name, a popup appears with a line showing "page 1 of 1".

My popup doesn't show that line but just starts with "changed by you", which is his second line.

The presenter and I are both using Project Server 2013 so I wonder if there is a setting somewhere that I am missing?

Friday, May 5, 2017 2:59 PM