APP-V Folder Redirection of Appdata RRS feed

• Question

• hi

i have an issue with folder redirection of appdata and app-v 5.0 sp3 or 5.1 (no matter which one)

i folder redirected appdata to a network share and as per microsoft documentation

the local appdata should be copied to a zip-file with a time stamp. that works so far. but if i log off and log on again the file is not copied back to the server (we use rds).

any ideas about that?

thx tom  

Thomas Reitböck

Monday, August 24, 2015 11:50 AM

Answers

• yes, our profilemanagement was configured to copy the hkcu\classes key back and restore it on logon, we had to exclude the 

HKCU\software\classes\local settings\software\microsoft\appv\client

and it works now.

thx tom

Thomas Reitböck

Wednesday, February 3, 2016 6:28 AM

All replies

• To your issue , can you find the updated time stamp entry in

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\AppV\Client\Packages\<PACKAGE_GUID>\AppDataTime ?

I would recommend using UE-V instead of folder redirection to avoid these issues.

(Please click on "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", if it has helped you. )

Monday, August 24, 2015 12:52 PM
  • hi

the appdatatime is not found on the key you mentioned but under:

HKCU\software\classes\local settings\software\microsoft\appv\client\packages\<package_guid>\

we use folder redirection in combination with immidio flex-profiles which works like a charm so far :-)

thx tom

Thomas Reitböck

Monday, August 24, 2015 3:25 PM
  • Have you found a solution for this issue? I'm having the same problem. Thanks
    Tuesday, February 2, 2016 2:45 PM
  • yes, our profilemanagement was configured to copy the hkcu\classes key back and restore it on logon, we had to exclude the 

HKCU\software\classes\local settings\software\microsoft\appv\client

and it works now.

thx tom

Thomas Reitböck

Wednesday, February 3, 2016 6:28 AM