how to deploy new domain on old client machine RRS feed

• Question

• Dear sir

my old server has crashed so i have installed new server .

so the problem is i have 200 clients are on old domain so how i deploy new domain on old client pcs....

Thanks

Tuesday, May 19, 2015 6:04 AM

Answers

• Hi

Do you have another DC on domain?If the old server never online again,you have to seize fsmo roles on a healthy dc..please do more explanation.

• Proposed as answer by Vivian_Wang Sunday, May 24, 2015 9:24 AM
    • Marked as answer by Vivian_Wang Saturday, May 30, 2015 2:26 AM
    Tuesday, May 19, 2015 9:05 AM
  • Hi,

I would agree with others. Seize FSMO could be possible methods.

We recommend that you seize FSMO roles in the following scenarios:
    • The current role holder is experiencing an operational error that prevents an FSMO-dependent operation from completing successfully and that role cannot be transferred.
    • A domain controller that owns an FSMO role is force-demoted by using the dcpromo /forceremoval command.
    • The operating system on the computer that originally owned a specific role no longer exists or has  been reinstalled.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/255504

Regards.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Saturday, May 23, 2015 5:36 AM

All replies

• Hi

Do you have another DC on domain?If the old server never online again,you have to seize fsmo roles on a healthy dc..please do more explanation.

Tuesday, May 19, 2015 9:05 AM
  • Hi,

I would agree with others. Seize FSMO could be possible methods.

We recommend that you seize FSMO roles in the following scenarios:
    • The current role holder is experiencing an operational error that prevents an FSMO-dependent operation from completing successfully and that role cannot be transferred.
    • A domain controller that owns an FSMO role is force-demoted by using the dcpromo /forceremoval command.
    • The operating system on the computer that originally owned a specific role no longer exists or has  been reinstalled.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/255504

Regards.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Saturday, May 23, 2015 5:36 AM