none
Cleanup drivers RRS feed

• Question

• I have accumulated a lot of drivers in my Out-of-Box drivers and I would like to do some spring cleaning.

I have a folder called Win PE x64 where i put all the drivers required for booting clients to deploy (especially the Net and Disk drivers)

When i look in MDT i have dozen of different versions for the same drivers, is it safe to remove all but the newest?

Monday, January 8, 2018 11:49 AM

Answers

• I also do the same without issue. Unless you are supporting systems that the vendor them self no longer supports, that's about the only issue I could possibly see.

Daniel Vega

• Proposed as answer by Dan_Vega Thursday, February 1, 2018 3:48 PM
    • Marked as answer by Thomas Vitoz Thursday, February 1, 2018 3:49 PM
    Monday, January 8, 2018 10:28 PM
  • To keep it short and sweet - I am yet to see any implications. I routinely remove all drivers from my WinPE folder before importing latest vendor WinPE driver packages.

Cheers,
    Anton

Vacuum Breather Blog | Wing Commander Saga | Twitter

Note: Posts are provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. If posts are helpful please don't forget to rate them as "Helpful" or as "Answer".

Monday, January 8, 2018 11:53 AM

All replies

• To keep it short and sweet - I am yet to see any implications. I routinely remove all drivers from my WinPE folder before importing latest vendor WinPE driver packages.

Cheers,
    Anton

Vacuum Breather Blog | Wing Commander Saga | Twitter

Note: Posts are provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. If posts are helpful please don't forget to rate them as "Helpful" or as "Answer".

Monday, January 8, 2018 11:53 AM
  • I also do the same without issue. Unless you are supporting systems that the vendor them self no longer supports, that's about the only issue I could possibly see.

Daniel Vega

Monday, January 8, 2018 10:28 PM