Office 365 / SharePoint Online Non-Windows/OSX WebDAV Access RRS feed

• Question

• There are a lot of unanswered questions out there about support for WebDAV with Office 365 and SharePoint Online.

The question: Is it possible to access documents in Office 365 and SharePoint Online using a third-party WebDAV implementation? This is for websites like http://mover.io which have WebDAV support.

To clarify, I'm not trying to map a network drive, or connect using a desktop client or mobile app. I'm trying to connect with a server that has generic WebDAV support.

Any help would be amazing, there is very little information on this out there.

• Edited by Eric Warnke Wednesday, June 19, 2013 5:08 AM grammar
    • Moved by Hemendra Agrawal Wednesday, June 19, 2013 5:18 AM sharepoint online
    Wednesday, June 19, 2013 5:07 AM

All replies

• Any help at all? It's been over 2 months since I asked this question?
    Friday, August 23, 2013 12:26 AM
  • We're looking into the same problem here.  I've got one application that can connect via webdav to our SharePoint online environment.  But many others I've tried simply fail with generic error messages. 
    Thursday, October 24, 2013 6:55 PM
  • We're looking into the same problem here.  I've got one application that can connect via webdav to our SharePoint online environment.  But many others I've tried simply fail with generic error messages. 

can you tell us what app that is?

i am having the same problem here. with windows7/8 webdav is ok (skydrive pro is useless since the office cache crashes every 5 minutes) but i need a solution for apple and linux.

i will gladly settle for a solution for apple osx as a first step, as this is needed by our designers and part of the management. the tools available right now just are inadequate and pretty much unusable.

Thursday, November 14, 2013 9:59 AM
  • We haven't found any good solutions besides Windows/WebDav.  

The application that I found that did work for connecting was a program called Allway Sync.

We have limited our user base to Windows only, except in one or two exception cases (OSX).  In those cases the Microsoft provided tools seem to work well enough to let the users function.  Though it is definitely not as easy as it should be. 

Thursday, April 10, 2014 4:39 PM