trust 100k series webcam won't work since updating windows live essential 2011 (kb2434419) RRS feed

• Question

• i've reinstalled my webcam, drivers install automatically but everytime i go to use messenger and leave a video message it says cannot connect to webcam. it might be in use in another program. i'm on vista 32 bit. i don't know where to look to find out if its running in another program, need help badly going bald very quickly lol. my webcam worked fine before the update. please please somebody help before the webcam gets thrown out and replaced. many thanks beermonster.
    Thursday, November 4, 2010 10:40 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Thank you for posting!

System restore can be under considered at the first place.

At this point, I suggest uninstall the update, uninstall the webcam, reinstall the update and reinstall the webcam to check the result.

In case the registry was corrupted, you can create a new user account as a test.

Meanwhile, it is suggested to submit a new thread here.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Magon LiuModerator Friday, November 12, 2010 6:04 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by beermonster Friday, November 12, 2010 6:38 AM
    • Marked as answer by beermonster Friday, November 12, 2010 6:38 AM
    Monday, November 8, 2010 8:28 AM