none
Exchange 2003 Calendar Template Issue RRS feed

• Question

• Users are getting "This message has been rejected by the Exchange organization to which it was sent, because the message contains either a large number of attachments or because there are too many nested attachments. To solve this problem, reduce the number of attachments or nested attachments, and resend the message."

We have a shared mailbox with a published default calendar form that has "checkboxes" in it.  The form does not have any nested emails.  The size of the form is about 307kb.   When the users click on an the calendar to add an appointment, then send the apt out to various users, the form gets corrupt.   I think it's related to the various Outlook versions we use.   My environment:  Exchange Server 2003, users that use "Tasking" templates are on Outlook 2007 and all other users are on Outlook 2010.   The calendar templates are created in Outlook 2010 so I'm wondering if the Outlook 2007 clients are having trouble "reading" the templates. 

UPDATE:  I created the templates using Outlook 2007 and still experiencing random "bounceback" messages:  "This message has been rejected by the Exchange organization to which it was sent, because the message contains either a large number of attachments or because there are too many nested attachments. To solve this problem, reduce the number of attachments or nested attachments, and resend the message."

Example:  User sends out a test message to 3 people.  All 3 people get the original message.  When the original person tries to send an update (like changing the time of the meeting), the user will get the bounceback for above.   The user then sends out a cancelation and some of the users get it and some don't.   Very strange and unpredictable.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  We are wanting to move to Exchange 2010/2013 but the non-support of our tasking features is holding up our upgrade. 

Monday, April 21, 2014 7:48 PM

All replies

• What org is rejecting the messages? Have you asked them what the problem may be?

Twitter!: Please Note: My Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied.

Monday, April 21, 2014 7:50 PM
  • This is just my internal users sending requests to each other.
    Monday, April 21, 2014 8:08 PM
  • Hi,

I recommend you check if there is the same issue when using owa mode.

Thanks.

Niko Cheng
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, April 22, 2014 8:35 AM