The inbound and outbound calls are failing after finishing CCE deployment and setting up the user account on O365 portal RRS feed

• Question

• Hello there, 

anybody can help in this issue !!

I have set up the CCE finally with no errors and it is shown in the Office365 portal as shown in the pics down, I tried to make inbound and outbound calls, but they are failing, NOTE: in the powershell it gave me (There are no instances currently running) it is shown in the pic down, is that normal ??

Any Suggestions ???

by the way I am using the Office365 as trial now , is that effect ??

Monday, February 12, 2018 8:30 PM

All replies

• Hi KrayemAjjawi,

Please check the Office365 if it is expired.

If you enviroment in following conditions ,you will have this issue:

1. AudioCodes customers who are using old base VHDX and haven't updated the VHDX.

2. Customers use SHA512 certificate for external edge AP. Note: SHA512 is not recommended and most of the public certificate providers only issue SHA256 certificates.

3. CCE box got bits update but without OS update.

Check if you are using certificate with SAH512 Algorithm

Check Event logs for:"An TLS 1.2 connection request was received from a remote client application, but none of the cipher suites supported by the client application are supported by the server. The SSL connection request has failed."

Check Machine registry to see if SHA512 is supported:  HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Cryptography\Configuration\Local\SSL\00010003 Type: REG_MULTI_SZ

Data: RSA/SHA512 https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2973337/sha512-is-disabled-in-windows-when-you-use-tls-1-2

Resolution

1. Run Windows Updates on Cloud Connector Virtual Machines
    2. Update the base VHDX so that future updates, new deployments of CCE have OS updates including support for SHA512 by following instructions to Prepare base virtual disk (VHDX) from the downloaded ISO file:https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt740649.aspx#Anchor_7

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, February 13, 2018 8:03 AM
  • Hello Leon Lu. 

Thanks for replying,

- Windows Updates on Cloud Connector Virtual Machines is Ok now. I have updated them, but I noticed the CCE script found 80 updates during the installation, but when I did that manually, I found 84 updates more, so I installed them

- Machine registry to SHA512 is supported and this is what I found in the registry file:

RSA/SHA512

ECDSA/SHA512

RSA/SHA256

RSA/SHA384

RSA/SHA1

ECDSA/SHA256

ECDSA/SHA384

ECDSA/SHA1

DSA/SHA1

- We don’t use TLS 1.2 for the MedServer, we use TCP/IP for the communication with Sip Trunk.

- How can I update the Update the base VHDX now? I don’t want to run the script from the beginning

I tried to make a test call after I updated the windows on the Virtual Machines, but  the problem still exist

Tuesday, February 13, 2018 4:59 PM
  • I am dialing the DID from my own cellphone, it is saying : "2UT2 All circuits are busy , try to call later" !!!!
    Wednesday, February 14, 2018 7:03 PM
  • Any luck on this fix?
    Tuesday, February 20, 2018 6:51 PM
  • Unfortunately not yet, 

I am watching the ports and trying to catch up the error, but nothing yet, 

Tuesday, February 20, 2018 9:34 PM
  • Please do not use SHA512 Certificate for external edge AP and make a test

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, February 22, 2018 11:37 AM
  • Hi Leon Lu,

what SHA Certificate for external Edge I have to use ??? 

Friday, February 23, 2018 5:18 PM
  • Please provide your error screeshots and messages from your SFB client to narrow down the root cause of the issue. Also did you update your DNS records correctly? 
    Saturday, February 24, 2018 6:50 AM
  • Hello Matrix Thet Naing,

I run the script from the beginning and had no errors as shown in the screenshots , but the calls inbound and outbounds giving error,

I am dialing the DID from my own cellphone, it is saying : "2UT2 All circuits are busy , try to call later" !!!!

I made check on the port 5060 on the Mediation Server, it was closed , I opened it, but still have the same problem :( 

Monday, February 26, 2018 2:29 PM
  • Hi KrayemAjjawi,

As far as I know, Cloud Connector Edition is a hybrid offering that consists of a set of packaged Virtual Machines (VMs) that implement on-premises PSTN connectivity with Phone System in Office 365. Users in your organization who are homed in the cloud can receive PBX services from the Microsoft cloud, but PSTN connectivity is provided through the existing on-premises voice infrastructure.

Do you use a Skype for Business client? I suggest you could try it and check the client side log to see if there is more related information.

Based on my research, you could refer to the Outbound Call flow with CCE:

1.Users dial an external PSTN number in E.164 format

2.SIP traffic routes to Skype for Business online infrastructure

3.SfB online performs a reverse number lookup for the dialed number

4.The RNL fails because it is an external number and doesn’t belongs to any SfB user

5.The call is routed to the Edge component of CCE

6.If the PSTN routes exist Edge Server relays the traffic through Mediation component of CCE

7.Mediation component sends the traffic to the PSTN gateway and establish a connection between the user end point and PSTN Gateway through Mediation component for media flow

And the inbound call flow with CCE could be as following:

1.PSTN Gateway receives a call from external PSTN number for a SFB online user who is in internal network as of now
    2.Gateway routes the SIP traffic to Mediation component of CCE
    3.Traffic goes out from Mediation component to SFB Online through Edge component of CCE
    4.SfB online performs a reverse number lookup
    5.The RNL passes and SFB online finds that this number belongs to the SFB online user
    6.SIP signaling goes to all the point of presence of that user
    7.Finally, Media traffic will be established between PSTN gateway and Mediation component and between Mediation component and the user end point for media flow.

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Tuesday, February 27, 2018 7:41 AM
  • Hi,

Are there any update for this issue, if the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer, it will help others who has similar issue.

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Wednesday, February 28, 2018 11:00 AM
  • Nothing yet, Still not working, 

I noticed that no signal to the edge from outside, how can i test the FQDN on Edge ??

Friday, March 9, 2018 2:21 PM
  • To see what's really going on, you would need to check "Event Viewer" logs on the Mediation server, also check voice gateway call logs to see how the calls have been handled? 
    Monday, March 12, 2018 7:54 AM