none
HOW TO COPY FILE FROM CLIENT TO SERVER RRS feed

• Question

• Dear friends, I would have this need to find code on how to copy file (s) PDF from a remote server (where we know IP address, server name and Domain Name) on a client and vice versa.
    The clients of the server (Server = S.O. Windows Server 2012 R2), have the permissions to be able to copy and paste files! So that we don't talk about a LAN but a connection in remote desktop.

I tried these code constructs (connecting on server as client),  but it always gives me error:

1) FileCopy "C:\CartellaServer\01022017\PCVNMAT\MioFile.pdf", "\\tsclient\C:\CartellaClient\MioFile.pdf"
    2) FileCopy "C:\CartellaServer\01022017\PCVNMAT\MioFile.pdf", "\\tsclient\CartellaClient\MioFile.pdf"
    3) FileCopy "C:\CartellaServer\01022017\PCVNMAT\MioFile.pdf", "tsclient\C:\CartellaClient\MioFile.pdf"
    4) FileCopy "C:\CartellaServer\01022017\PCVNMAT\MioFile.pdf", "tsclient\CartellaClient\MioFile.pdf"

Point out that if I make a copy on the server, from one folder to another folder, the thing works, I assume that the error lies in the second part of the code, I theink in carrying the file on the client.

Also it is good to specify that a folder of the server (where you must make any copies of the files), is shared with all users who connect, which can safely copy and paste files in a manual way.

Where wrong? Who helps me? Thanks to everyone always!

Carlo Raffaele

Wednesday, November 7, 2018 11:15 AM