Some mail are not received in users mailbox RRS feed

• Question

• HI,

could you pls. help me find the reason that a mail received checked in exchange log show receive but did not get in mail box. I have check these mail in owa also but there in no mails. can you help me to track the reason of these missing mail.

Sunit Parmar

Tuesday, August 1, 2017 11:01 AM

All replies

• No, we can't because we don't have access to your server, but you can use message tracking to see where it went.  In addition, you can turn up SMTP protocol logging on receive connectors and look to see if your server ever receives a connection from the source of the lost message.

It's hard to say because you didn't specify the version, service pack, update rollup and/or cumulative update level of Exchange you're running.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

Wednesday, August 2, 2017 5:51 AM
  • Hi Sunit,

Do you get any effectively information in Message Tracking log and Protocol log to improve that the message has been deliver to user mailbox?

There're lots of event in message tracking log, for example: Submit, Receive, Deliver. And the "Deliver" means that the message has been deliver to mailbox.
    More details about the Event types of Message tracking log, for your reference:
    https://technet.microsoft.com/EN-US/library/bb124375(v=exchg.160).aspx#Event types in the message tracking log

Here's a template message tracking log, figure as below:

If this message has been deliver to user mailbox and the issue remain exists (include Deleted Item folder), I want to double confirm that:
    1. Does this issue occur on all messages or some special message?
    2. Does all recipients experience this issue?
    3. Has the problematic mailbox configure POP3 client before?

Please provide the answer with above question, it's very helpful to narrow down this issue.

Regards,

Allen Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Allen_WangJF Wednesday, August 9, 2017 3:35 AM
    Thursday, August 3, 2017 8:36 AM
  • Hi Sunit,

Would you post an update about your issue?

Regards,

Allen Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, August 14, 2017 3:26 PM