none
Power Query does not refresh RRS feed

• Question

• Hi This is my first question in this forum.   I am new to Get and Transform so please forgive me if this is a novice question.

I have many named tables in a workbook.   Ongoing will be updating data and the column headings staying within the Table named range.   

The tables are loaded as Queries to a separate workbook, using Default Load Settings so the Data Model is not activated and the Queries are displayed in Tables on each worksheet.

BUT Refresh isn't working.   

I've tried from the Queries and Connections icon beside each Query, also Right Click on each Query, and also the refresh option in Query Tools and Table Tools.   All these methods do actually run the refresh, but it does not update the data in the Query table in the output workbook.   No updated data appears, only the first data loaded when the initial Query was created.   

I've tried changing the Load Settings, checked Select Columns to make sure all Columns are ticked.

Load status says "loaded to worksheet" and last Refresh time stamp is showing correctly.   No error messages are happening during Refresh either.   Stuck!   Please help?

Using MS Office 365ProPlus V1708 Build 8431.2215

Thanks

Andie242

Saturday, March 3, 2018 5:58 AM

Answers

• Hi there. Are you using Excel.Workbook or Excel.CurrentWorkbook to connect to the named tables? And are the tables in the same file as your Power Queries, or a different file?

Ehren

Friday, March 9, 2018 12:25 AM
    Owner
  • Hi there. Are you using Excel.Workbook or Excel.CurrentWorkbook to connect to the named tables? And are the tables in the same file as your Power Queries, or a different file?

Ehren

Hi Andie242,

Is this still an issue? If so, please provide answers to Ehren's questions.

Regards,

Michael Amadi

Please use the 'Mark as answer' link to mark a post that answers your question. If you find a reply helpful, please remember to vote it as helpful :)

Wednesday, March 28, 2018 12:43 PM

All replies

Ehren

Friday, March 9, 2018 12:25 AM
    Owner

Ehren

Hi Andie242,

Is this still an issue? If so, please provide answers to Ehren's questions.

Regards,

Michael Amadi

Please use the 'Mark as answer' link to mark a post that answers your question. If you find a reply helpful, please remember to vote it as helpful :)

Wednesday, March 28, 2018 12:43 PM
  • Hi,

I have a similar issue.

I'm using a power query on the current worksheet, using the standard method of connecting (Office365 - connecting by selecting the file from local drive).

Got no errors in syntax, no errors on update - yet I don't get the additional records on refreshing.

Is there a piece of code I should be using ?  Is there some reason that the query doesn't just pick up any additional records when clicking refresh on current file? (basically 1 sheet is the table and 1 sheet is used to completely change the dataset).  

Please help.

thank you

Tuesday, July 10, 2018 8:23 PM
  • Hi Neil. You say you're using PQ on the current worksheet (which sounds like Excel.CurrentWorkbook), but also that you're selecting the file from the local drive (which sounds like Excel.Workbook). Can you clarify? (If you could share your M formula text, with any sensitive info removed, that would be great.)

Ehren

Tuesday, July 10, 2018 10:04 PM
    Owner