none
import and publish old project with old resources RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have my old project with resources added in project. I have created Enterprise Resource Pool. 

now i want to publish this project on Project Online. Pls guide how can i manage assigned resources so that already added resource to task get match / sync with enterprise resource pool.

pls guide.

thx

iffi

Wednesday, November 8, 2017 12:37 PM

All replies

• Hi Iffi,

You have to name your resources in the local project (local resources) with the exact same syntax than the enterprise resources. While publishing the project on Project Online, you'll be prompted to replace the local resources by the enterprise resources.

Then the users corresponding to the enterprise resources will be able to see the assignments.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

Wednesday, November 8, 2017 12:50 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your reply, what if duplicate names.

thx

iffi

Monday, November 13, 2017 12:18 PM
  • What do you mean?

• What if you have duplicate names in your old file? It should not happen since you could not identifiy the resources if they have duplicate names. But if it is the case, change the old resource names in the resource sheet so they can match with the enterprise resources.
    • What if MS Project duplicates the resources while saving the project on Project Online? So far I've seen that this process works well, I've not seen any issue. Have you tested?

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

Monday, November 13, 2017 12:43 PM