none
Project as ticketing system/helpdesk RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am new to Project or Project Pro for Office365.  Wanted to ask if anyone has used Project Pro for Office365 or Project Online with Project Pro for Office365 as a helpdesk/IT task system, which can handle projects as well as daily tasks and helpdesk requests.  Also looking to have reporting, asset management, and a plus would be integration with email, where users would be able to email the system to open tickets.

Thank you

Thursday, October 2, 2014 9:42 PM

All replies

• Hi,

There are a number of ways to configure support projects/tasks that can be assigned to the 'Support Team'. For example a support project can be created and the 'Support Team' (team resource) can be added to the project team and the new tasks/support tickets can be assigned to the Support Team so any team members can re-assign the tasks to themselves.

For Asset Management you can use either project server functionality, SharePoint or 3rd party depending on what you want to achieve.

On the last part (email integration) maybe something can be customized depending on where the mailbox will sit etc.

Hope this helps

Paul

Friday, October 3, 2014 10:26 AM
  • In addition to Paul's excellent answer, I'd add that PS2013 offers a new timesheet feature as the multilines administrative time categories which allows managing in a better way support activities like tickets.

See this article on my blog about this topic.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, MCP |

Friday, October 3, 2014 12:14 PM
  • Hi,

Indeed you can also use the administrative time in the timesheets. Each one of the options has its own pros and cons so it may be just a case of setting them up and test

Paul

Friday, October 3, 2014 2:22 PM
  • Thank you the input, I'll have to work with it and see how I can utilize.

Thanks

Thursday, October 9, 2014 9:48 PM