FOPE with Exchange Server 2013 Enterprise RRS feed

• Question

• We are partners and use Exchange Server 2010 Enterprise with FPE 2010 on-premises. Currently we are in the process of migrating to Exchange 2013 Enterprise. Unfortunately there is no FPE for Exchange 2013 - only FOPE is available. But FOPE is a paid service and as partners we were using Exchange and FPE as part of the partner agreement, i.e. free of charge. I noticed that Exchange 2013's integrated antispam functionality fails at spam fighting completely. So assuming FPE is gone we obviously have to use FOPE. I read that FOPE comes included with the Exchange 2013 Enterprise CAL. Is there a way to activate this somehow, I already have an Exchange 2013 Enterprise product key? Or will Microsoft force us to pay for something that we used to receive free of charge so far?
    Sunday, March 31, 2013 5:22 PM

Answers

• Hi,

just to make sure there is a difference between Exchange Enterprise Version, which enables you to have more than 5 mailboxes and Enterprise Cals which are an addition to the standard cal.

If you have Enterprise CALS you can use FOPE for free because it is included. Normally you activate FOPE in the VL licensing center. I don't know how this works for partner accounts. You should ask your partner account if you have any problems in activating FOPE. He should give you an answer.

Greetings

Christian

Christian Groebner MVP Forefront

Monday, April 1, 2013 9:07 PM

All replies

• Hi,

just to make sure there is a difference between Exchange Enterprise Version, which enables you to have more than 5 mailboxes and Enterprise Cals which are an addition to the standard cal.

If you have Enterprise CALS you can use FOPE for free because it is included. Normally you activate FOPE in the VL licensing center. I don't know how this works for partner accounts. You should ask your partner account if you have any problems in activating FOPE. He should give you an answer.

Greetings

Christian

Christian Groebner MVP Forefront

Monday, April 1, 2013 9:07 PM
  • All right, now it's a little bit clearer. You probably meant 5 mailbox databases, not mailboxes. :) Thanks!

Monday, April 1, 2013 9:12 PM