Automate/Preconfigure Web Professional Access to New Users RRS feed

• Question

• Is it possible to preconfigure inactive users (users that have not yet signed into ProClarity Analytics Server) to have Professional access?

In the ProClarity Administration Tool, I can view my inactive users but the Properties option is greyed out until the user signs in. Can we make these Properties available or can I change them in an automated fashion?

My understanding of the current way it works is:
       a) the users signs into PAS
       b) the Properties option become available in the ProClarity Administration Tool

Thus making us wait unitl they sign in to give them Professional access. Can I get around this two step process?
    Denver, CO
    Friday, April 10, 2009 6:09 PM

Answers

• Hello Reeves,

You can right click the 'Users' folder within the ProClarity Admin Tool and select "Default Preferences".  You can choose to have Web Professional be a default preference even for inactive users.  Then, when those inactive users navigate to the PAS site, they'll automatically have Web Pro rights.  If you have questions please let us know.

Thanks,
    Amanda
    Microsoft ProClarity | This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Monday, April 13, 2009 6:44 PM