windows automatic update downloaded something then when it restarted it wouldn't let me log into my profile.... I think it deleted it RRS feed

• Question

• I restarted after an automatic update and when I tried to log in it said that The User Profile Service service could not access my profile.... what? that is crazy please help. I did a recovery already but what if it does it everytime it does the same update? I am already having problems playing wow on my brand new laptop cause of a NVidia graphics seems to be having problems with my windows I really don't need anymore things going wrong :(.
    Friday, February 26, 2010 11:49 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Since it worked previously, a quick solution is to run System Restore and get back to the previous status when the issue didn’t occur.

If the issue persists, please also try the following:

1.    Boot the Windows 7 computer to clean boot environment and check the issue:

How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7

2.    Please try the method in the following Knowledge Base:

Error message when you log on to a Windows Vista-based or Windows 7-based computer by using a temporary profile: "The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded"

Regarding the NVidia graphics issue, it is recommended that you go to the Windows 7 Hardware Compatibility forum or the support of laptop’s manufacture for help.

Windows 7 Hardware Compatibility

Thanks.

Nicholas Li - MSFT
    • Marked as answer by Nicholas Li Thursday, March 4, 2010 3:40 AM
    Monday, March 1, 2010 9:19 AM
  • Hello Nicholas,

I am contacting you via my laptop. I am having the same issue as Lilygirl28 on my desktop. Can you please help me through getting this straightened out? I clicked on your first link and it said that it could not find that page. The second link took me to information on how to fix it in the registry but I don't know how to logon with the current error. Thank you so much for your time. I hope to hear from you soon.

Melody

Thursday, April 22, 2010 7:06 PM
  • Hello again Nicholas,

I forgot to tell you that I don't get on my desktop very often, maybe once a month. When I did the updates there were 10 or 11 so I have no idea which update it was that caused this issue. Can you find out which one it is so I don't  install it again after I get this fixed?

Thank you again for your help.

Melody aka 800mph

Thursday, April 22, 2010 7:43 PM