none
Explain the Timesheet Line Status of "Not Applicable" RRS feed

• Question

• We are running Project Server 2010 SP1 - Oct 2011 CU (14.0.6112.5000), live since January 2012, 600 timesheet users, single-entry mode, 93,000+ rows in MSP_TIMESHEET_LINES, overall very stable and credible.  One timesheet line has this "Not Applicable" status.  Timesheet hours from the same resource assignment were successfully submitted and accepted and show in the schedule for weeks before and after the timesheet.  The hours for the "Not Applicable" timesheet line are not in the schedule.

I have searched high and low.  I found http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/microsoft.office.project.server.library.timesheetenum.linestatus_di_pj14mref.aspx that shows it as a valid value, along with lots of coding examples that include it, but cannot find what the value means, what causes it, etc.  If we had more I would conjecture it is when there is an un-sent update when the time reporting period is closed, but I suspect we would have lots more if that were the case.

20120806 Hans Bellen, Senior Vice President with UMT Consulting Group, responded with the following:  My colleague saw it somewhere as well.  He thinks it has to do when a user creates a task himself or assigned himself to a task.

20120810 Hans added:  We also looked here and someone found a way to get the "Not Applicable" line status [if you are not in single entry mode].

• Disabled single entry mode
    • Disabled task status manager approval
    • Created a new timesheet for a week that I had assignments for (so total planned work > 0)
    • Clicked “Send Status” for all tasks in the timesheet
    • Checked RDB and noticed “Not Applicable” for the standard task that had planned time against it
    Friday, June 29, 2012 5:16 PM

Answers

• After trying all We have seen that "Not Applicable" has a different category showing your work hours,

It occors  When you insert rows  from "Insert Task" or "Insert Personal Task",if you get Actual working hours reports

you won't be able to see these hours even it seems like inserting task to an existing project. So itis in another status category.

You can think this category as personal remiender it seems on your timesheet but actually you don't share it with other people.

In project server the hours entered here doesn't seem on actual time entry.

I hope I could explain it

Friday, August 10, 2012 1:56 PM

All replies

• After trying all We have seen that "Not Applicable" has a different category showing your work hours,

It occors  When you insert rows  from "Insert Task" or "Insert Personal Task",if you get Actual working hours reports

you won't be able to see these hours even it seems like inserting task to an existing project. So itis in another status category.

You can think this category as personal remiender it seems on your timesheet but actually you don't share it with other people.

In project server the hours entered here doesn't seem on actual time entry.

I hope I could explain it

Friday, August 10, 2012 1:56 PM
  • Understood.  Thanks very much, DeryaC!
    Friday, August 10, 2012 5:02 PM