dial-in function to Skype for Business online? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys,

we currently have a lync 2010 environmnet with a sip trunk providing dial-in capabilities for users in the 3 countries we operate.

We are now in the process of moving to Office 365/Skype for Business Online and my questions are:

1) Can one use the same sip-trunk towards Skype for Business Online? or does one have to be in a hybrid configuration? (we are aiming on removing all on-prem lync servers)

2) is that configured via Admin Console or via PowerShell? And assigning numbers to each country?

3) if one cannot use ones own sip-trunk provider or we have to stay in a hybrid configuration the only thing left for us to keep this functionality is to purchase the add-on license and use Microsoft as the dial-in provider right?

Thanks guys!

Thursday, December 15, 2016 10:00 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Josh has a great handbook here: https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/Skype-for-Business-Hybrid-9218205e

1+3.Yes, you can use same sip trunk and has to be in hybrid mode or migrate your numbers to Microsoft and use pure SFB online.

2. Steps I have done when did this with our users is the following:

• Ensure hybrid is configured and working
    • Create new VoiceRoutingPolicy:New-CSVoiceRoutingPolicy -Identity CloudPBXPolicy -Name CloudPBX -PSTNUsages "YourVoicePolicy"
    • Assign user SFB online license
    • Grant user Voicepolicy:
      Grant-CsVoiceRoutingPolicy -Identity  User@domain.com" -PolicyName CloudPBXPolicy
    • Move user to the cloud
    • Enable enterprise voice and hosted voicemail in cloud:
      Set-CsUser -Identity User@domain.com -EnterpriseVoiceEnabled $true -HostedVoiceMail $true

All in all, Voicerouting will be done using csvoiceroutingpolicy we created earlier. SFB online route traffic back to your on-premise PSTN trunk.

What we have tested so far is that sound quality is good and we have users spread all over (US,Asia,Europe) and our sip trunk is hosted in Europe. Voice quality highly depends on your provider.

You should keep the pool with best bandwidth alive. From my experience, India has really bad infrastructure and high package lost.

Please mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you. Thank you! Off2work

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Friday, December 16, 2016 6:46 AM
    • Marked as answer by [zid] Friday, December 16, 2016 7:41 AM
    Thursday, December 15, 2016 10:55 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Josh has a great handbook here: https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/Skype-for-Business-Hybrid-9218205e

1+3.Yes, you can use same sip trunk and has to be in hybrid mode or migrate your numbers to Microsoft and use pure SFB online.

2. Steps I have done when did this with our users is the following:

• Ensure hybrid is configured and working
    • Create new VoiceRoutingPolicy:New-CSVoiceRoutingPolicy -Identity CloudPBXPolicy -Name CloudPBX -PSTNUsages "YourVoicePolicy"
    • Assign user SFB online license
    • Grant user Voicepolicy:
      Grant-CsVoiceRoutingPolicy -Identity  User@domain.com" -PolicyName CloudPBXPolicy
    • Move user to the cloud
    • Enable enterprise voice and hosted voicemail in cloud:
      Set-CsUser -Identity User@domain.com -EnterpriseVoiceEnabled $true -HostedVoiceMail $true

All in all, Voicerouting will be done using csvoiceroutingpolicy we created earlier. SFB online route traffic back to your on-premise PSTN trunk.

What we have tested so far is that sound quality is good and we have users spread all over (US,Asia,Europe) and our sip trunk is hosted in Europe. Voice quality highly depends on your provider.

You should keep the pool with best bandwidth alive. From my experience, India has really bad infrastructure and high package lost.

Please mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you. Thank you! Off2work

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Friday, December 16, 2016 6:46 AM
    • Marked as answer by [zid] Friday, December 16, 2016 7:41 AM
    Thursday, December 15, 2016 10:55 AM
  • Hi [zid],

Welcome to post in our forum.

Regarding your issue, I am agree with Off2work.

As a supplement, the following blog describes how to set up dial in for SFB online, please refer to:
    https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Set-up-dial-in-or-PSTN-conferencing-for-Skype-for-Business-d01954f1-4f37-4cf5-a636-20039e5c59e9

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, December 16, 2016 7:44 AM