none
The operation failed because of a protection agent failure. (ID 998 Details: The parameter is incorrect (0x80070057)) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys,

Need your help here.

We have 1 DPM 2012 server which is responsible to backup Exchange 2010 Database's. We have around 25 Databases which are being backed up with a synchronization of every 4 hours and weekly backup on Tape. Recently i came across an issue with one of the DB which was unable to backup on tape. The error says " The operation failed because of a protection agent failure. (ID 998 Details: The parameter is incorrect (0x80070057)). Backup to Disk for this DB works without any problems but backup to tape failed last weekend.

This DB is in the same protection group as the others and connected to the same protection agent. I tried searching the forums but couldn't find something similar to my scenario.

Any help on this will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Sajeel

Tuesday, March 26, 2013 3:15 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I have already tried the above post. This got sorted when i have removed and readded the DB which was having the problem. Ever since then it is working fine.

Any way thanks for the post and help.

Cheers,
    Sajeel

• Marked as answer by Sajeel Ali Thursday, April 4, 2013 3:26 PM
    Thursday, April 4, 2013 3:26 PM

All replies

• Hi

Have you tried updating the drivers for the tape device at all?

Also look at updating to Update Rollup 2 for DPM 2012 as it addresses this problem, have a look here:

http://robertanddpm.blogspot.com/2012/09/update-rollup-2.html

Friday, March 29, 2013 4:02 PM
  • Hi,

I have already tried the above post. This got sorted when i have removed and readded the DB which was having the problem. Ever since then it is working fine.

Any way thanks for the post and help.

Cheers,
    Sajeel

• Marked as answer by Sajeel Ali Thursday, April 4, 2013 3:26 PM
    Thursday, April 4, 2013 3:26 PM