none
win 10 and win 8.1 with uefi bios RRS feed

• Question

• upgraded to win 10 from win 8.1 with uefi bios on acer aspire e 15.  with just windows defender for my virus program.                   It worked good for a short while then the internet explorer & the IE program thats in windows 10 starting getting page not displayed errors. ran the fix tool couldn't find anything wrong with it. went into settings selected to restore computer back from a earlier time selected a date. after it was done, rebooted machine the desktop was blank no icons, no task bar it was blank. rebooted machine into bios the only option it gave me no matter what I picked in there it only showed windows 10. tried repair it in there with win 10, tried recover option with win 10. gave me error messages told me it couldn't be repaired or recovered. tried setting the bios back to default thought maybe I can trick it. turned off computer for 5 mins then rebooted my icons where back, but both web browsers wouldn't work. I tried going to settings selected revert back to win 8.1 it told me I can't because the file was missing, but the hidden factory file was still in there I checked in disk management. went back into the bios again selected the admin command window ran a few basic commands to see what it finds. so I pluged in my usb recovery disk of win 8.1 and went back to bios uefi blue screen selected to change the boot order to see usb hdd as 1st one on the list and restored my computer back to windows 8.1.

here a few screen shots so you can see what it was doing. 

Monday, August 24, 2015 2:01 PM