Sending issue and stuck in draft RRS feed

• Question

• I have a problem with one of the users when trying to send email it’s stuck in drafts folder and he got the following:
    “Couldn’t send the following message:”
    “You don’t have permission to perform this action”
    But he can send normal
    Wednesday, January 16, 2019 12:14 PM

Answers

• I am very happy to see that your problem has been solved, please be free to mark it as an answer for helping more people.

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Marked as answer by Sorcererprince Wednesday, January 30, 2019 12:57 PM
    Wednesday, January 30, 2019 1:56 AM

All replies

• Hi,

>>Send email it’s stuck in drafts folder

>>But he can send normal

Does this user able to send mail or not? Could you provide more detail information about this phenomenon?

To narrow down it, I want to confirm with you:

How many uses have this phenomenon?

Does this phenomenon occurs in OWA?

If this phenomenon only occur in OWA, it is a normal behavior: email shown in "Drafts" folder first, then shown in "Sent Items" folder.

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, January 17, 2019 5:48 AM
  • Does this user able to send mail or not?  Yes he can send normally

To narrow down it, I want to confirm with you:

How many uses have this phenomenon? I can't understand what you mean with this

Does this phenomenon occurs in OWA? Yes

Thursday, January 17, 2019 6:31 AM
  • Do you mean: This user could click "Send" button, then, this email shown in "Drafts" folder? 

After waiting for some time, whether the message was sent out successfully?

Where did the problem occur? Outlook, OWA or both of them?

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Thursday, January 17, 2019 7:18 AM
  • No the user can click on send icon normally but it's still in drafts and the error message appeared,

and it's still in drafts and also didn't want to delete from it.

and this problem occur in OWA we didn't try it on outlook.

and after I discuss it with the user he told me that happened after his mailbox reach the full size so he have to empty the mailbox and after that the issue still exist.

Thursday, January 17, 2019 7:31 AM
  • Hi Sorcererprince,

Did you check quota for this mailbox?

If this mailbox's quota is running out, I would suggest you try to raise quota for him.

I also suggest you try to send email from Outlook and check whether there exist this issue.

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Wednesday, January 23, 2019 7:31 AM
  • yea I really found it running out and after I increase it the issue still exist so | have to move it to another database so after that it's working good.

So the question now is If every time this issue happened I will have to move it to another database.

Wednesday, January 23, 2019 10:19 AM
  • Hi Sorcererprince,

Did you choose the number 2:

If you choose number 1, this mailbox is still limited by database quota.

About your question, does this issue occurs on other mailboxes hosted on this database?

If this issue only occurs on this mailbox, I guess it may caused by something broken in this mailbox, then this issue is repaired with migration.

If this issue occurs on all mailboxes in this database, you can try to raise the quota for this database:

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Friday, January 25, 2019 2:16 AM
  • This issue happened when a mailbox has exceed the limit so after the user empty his mailbox the issue still exists so I have to move the mailbox to other database and then return it to the origin database to solve this issue

so the the question now if this issue happened there is no solution unless this one to move the mailbox to other database 

Monday, January 28, 2019 5:51 AM
  • I am very happy to see that your problem has been solved, please be free to mark it as an answer for helping more people.

Regards,

Kyle Xu

• Marked as answer by Sorcererprince Wednesday, January 30, 2019 12:57 PM
    Wednesday, January 30, 2019 1:56 AM