Machine Not Reporting - WSUS 2K12R2 Std RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, 

I have an issue where machine aren't reporting to my WSUS. I use a lab environment in Hyper-V. Both machine can reach each other with IPv4 and FQDN ping. It was reporting to WSUS not long ago, not it does not.

Lab environment

Win2k12R2 Std

• Using WID.
    • Default configuration.
    • Using GPO to reach machine.
    • GPO uses FQDN.

I tried

• Firewall rules are applied. Ports are open for WSUS on clients and Server.
    • http://fqdn:8530//selfupdate/iuident.cab - I can get the file.
    • http://server.domain.local:8530/ClientWebService/client.asmx -  I can reach the page properly.
    • Code bellow.
    net stop bits
    net stop wuauserv
    reg delete "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate" /v AccountDomainSid /f
    reg delete "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate" /v PingID /f
    reg delete "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate" /v SusClientId /f
    reg delete "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate" /v SusClientIDValidation /f
    rd /s /q "%SystemRoot%\SoftwareDistribution"
    net start bits
    net start wuauserv
    wuauclt /resetauthorization /detectnow
    PowerShell.exe (New-Object -ComObject Microsoft.Update.AutoUpdate).DetectNow()
    wuauclt /resetauthorization /detectnow x100

However, my machine is still not reporting. I just don't know where to look at, any hints ?

• Edited by Nevets24 Monday, June 10, 2019 3:58 PM Forgot to end the sentence
    Monday, June 10, 2019 3:48 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Before executing the commands you provide, remove the device that reports the problem in the WSUS console.

In the meantime, refer to the steps mentioned in this article to check: "Tips for troubleshooting WSUS Agents that are not reporting to the WSUS server".

Please record the time to complete the above operation, wait for a period of time (may take several hours), if the client has not yet reported to the WSUS server, check if the Windowsupdate.log contains the relevant error code. 

You can also consider returning the log content after the completion of the exclusion to this for fault analysis.
    Reply back with the results would be happy to help.

Regards,
    Yic

Please remember to mark as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Nevets24 Thursday, February 13, 2020 9:06 PM
    Tuesday, June 11, 2019 1:51 AM