Client are able to ping the server even they are not allowed ? RRS feed

Answers

• Hi,

The client will always be able to connect to the DHCP server. This is needed so it can get an IP address.

Check the output of route print -4 and you'll see the static route to the DHCP server there. To demonstrate network restriction, you must have another device on the network.

-Greg
    Monday, May 18, 2009 9:41 PM

All replies

• Hi Faris

I understand that the problem is that after you make Windows SHA non-compliant, you are still able to ping the server. Right?

If so, can you please report the result of napstat/s? Does it say that the client computer is not compliant ?

Thanks
    Ravi
    Monday, May 18, 2009 4:43 PM
  • Hi,

The client will always be able to connect to the DHCP server. This is needed so it can get an IP address.

Check the output of route print -4 and you'll see the static route to the DHCP server there. To demonstrate network restriction, you must have another device on the network.

-Greg
    Monday, May 18, 2009 9:41 PM
  • yes.
    This is correct
    and this is the part I did not notice
    Sorry for the delay in relay

while following the exact steps again I notice that the client shuold be able to ping the Naps Server, or the Domain controller
    but not other PCs

I have another Q regarding to NAP
    Can I configure nap to check if a certine KB is installed or not and then take the action ?

Thank
    Friday, May 22, 2009 9:49 AM