none
New Resource Management Features Available - Not Displayed in Additional Server Settings RRS feed

• Question

• I am using Project Online through Office 365 and was investigating the Resource Engagements feature - this support article indicates it has to be enabled. I followed the instructions but could not find the option on the Additional Server Settings page - I have checked in both SharePoint permissions mode and Project Mode but no sign of it. I saw a post answered by Guillaume who indicated this feature is only available with the Project 2016 scheduling client, so is this option only enabled if Project Online knows which version of Project you are using?

Cheers,

Dominic

Microsoft Project Evangelist

Twitter:   LinkedIn:    Web:   

Note: Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose.

Thursday, November 3, 2016 1:47 PM

Answers

• Hi Dominic,

Indeed the resource engagement feature requires Project Pro 2016 version or Project Pro with Project Online. That being said, I don't think PO knows you're desktop version, and anyway, requests can be create/updated in PWA. I do think also that for PWA provisionned after a certain date, the resource engagement feature is there by default, that's why you are not prompted in the additionnal server settings to activate it. 

To be sure, go to the resource center, select a work resource and see if you have the "resource requests" button available in the ribbon.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

• Marked as answer by Dominic Moss Thursday, November 3, 2016 2:08 PM
    Thursday, November 3, 2016 2:04 PM

All replies

• Hi Dominic,

Indeed the resource engagement feature requires Project Pro 2016 version or Project Pro with Project Online. That being said, I don't think PO knows you're desktop version, and anyway, requests can be create/updated in PWA. I do think also that for PWA provisionned after a certain date, the resource engagement feature is there by default, that's why you are not prompted in the additionnal server settings to activate it. 

To be sure, go to the resource center, select a work resource and see if you have the "resource requests" button available in the ribbon.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

• Marked as answer by Dominic Moss Thursday, November 3, 2016 2:08 PM
    Thursday, November 3, 2016 2:04 PM
  • Hi Guillaume,

Thanks for your answer - I see the Resource Requests option on the Resource Centre ribbon which to me would suggest that as my Office 365 instance of Project Online is pretty new that it was there all along and the option in Additional Settings is not displayed as there is no need to enable a feature that is available by default - perhaps the support page I referred to should be updated to reflect this!

Cheers,

Dominic

Microsoft Project Evangelist

Twitter:   LinkedIn:    Web:   

Note: Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose.

Thursday, November 3, 2016 2:08 PM