none
Windows server 2016 activation error 0xc004c020 RRS feed

• Question

• Windows server 2016 activation error 0xc004c020

in Virtual server environment how can I fix this

Sunday, April 9, 2017 5:57 AM

Answers

• You will need to call the MSFT Activation Centre, and perform a telephone activation.

1. Press WIN+R to open the Run dialog box.
    2. Enter the command "slui 4" (no quotes) to open the Telephone Activation tool.
    3. Select your country and click on Next.
    4. Call the number displayed in the window and follow the prompts.
    5. When you get through to an operator, they will ask you for the Installation ID. Provide this to them, and they will then tell you this product key has already been used on another PC. Inform them that it was used on a Virtual Machine which has been rebuilt and the old VM is no longer in use.
    6. They will then provide you with the Confirmation ID which you will need to enter into the boxes on the screen. Once this is done, click on next.
    7. The activation should now be complete.

Any issues, let me know.

Sunday, April 9, 2017 6:09 AM

All replies

• You will need to call the MSFT Activation Centre, and perform a telephone activation.

1. Press WIN+R to open the Run dialog box.
    2. Enter the command "slui 4" (no quotes) to open the Telephone Activation tool.
    3. Select your country and click on Next.
    4. Call the number displayed in the window and follow the prompts.
    5. When you get through to an operator, they will ask you for the Installation ID. Provide this to them, and they will then tell you this product key has already been used on another PC. Inform them that it was used on a Virtual Machine which has been rebuilt and the old VM is no longer in use.
    6. They will then provide you with the Confirmation ID which you will need to enter into the boxes on the screen. Once this is done, click on next.
    7. The activation should now be complete.

Any issues, let me know.

Sunday, April 9, 2017 6:09 AM
  • Thank you @christopherh1992

telephone activation worked

Sunday, April 9, 2017 6:36 AM
  • Hello @Arcadiazone,

Please do feel free to mark my answer as the correct solution.

Sunday, April 9, 2017 7:22 AM