Primary Site - Virtual to Physical? RRS feed

• Question

• If we install our primary site server and systems on a virtual platform, are there any considerations we need to take into account if we one day need to move it to physical kit - say if we outgrow performance? Is this supported?

Many Thanks

Tuesday, September 23, 2014 10:49 PM

Answers

• Would be supported, as long as all the information that is required to be the same does indeed remain the same. Just as if you were moving from one physical to another physical computer.

Wally Mead

• Marked as answer by legionx Tuesday, September 23, 2014 11:59 PM
    Tuesday, September 23, 2014 11:39 PM
  • IOPS is going to be your problem.. So plan your site accordingly. Without any details that is the best that I can do.

Garth Jones | My blogs: Enhansoft and Old Blog site | Twitter: @GarthMJ

• Marked as answer by legionx Tuesday, September 23, 2014 11:58 PM
    Tuesday, September 23, 2014 11:31 PM

All replies

• IOPS is going to be your problem.. So plan your site accordingly. Without any details that is the best that I can do.

Garth Jones | My blogs: Enhansoft and Old Blog site | Twitter: @GarthMJ

• Marked as answer by legionx Tuesday, September 23, 2014 11:58 PM
    Tuesday, September 23, 2014 11:31 PM
  • Would be supported, as long as all the information that is required to be the same does indeed remain the same. Just as if you were moving from one physical to another physical computer.

Wally Mead

• Marked as answer by legionx Tuesday, September 23, 2014 11:59 PM
    Tuesday, September 23, 2014 11:39 PM
  • Thanks Garth. Yes we anticipated that so disk split will be designed for a physical layout, so that if we move it off SAN to DAS for example it will be possible. Thanks!
    Tuesday, September 23, 2014 11:58 PM
  • Thanks Wally. That's great.
    Tuesday, September 23, 2014 11:59 PM