none
Status Manager automatically changing RRS feed

• Question

• MSP Professional 2010 on a PWA server.

Users are reporting that the "Status Manager" field on their projects are changing for all task  This has happened twice, both times the person it changes to advises they have never even opened the project much less added task to it.

Seen it multiple times I open a project - not add any task just open it and the status manager changes to their name. 

Do we have something set up wrong or gremlins?  Any insight on what to look for would be appreciated

Monday, April 6, 2015 5:18 PM

All replies

• Ibrash,

I am guessing that you are seeing this happen on 'Summary Tasks', which is by design. I can't remember the reason, but I think this was changed many many versions ago, to show the summary tasks' status manger to be the person who opens the schedule. Since Summary Resources are not recommended to have resource assigned,  this should not impact you any way.

If I am off the mark completely, and you are seeing this on the subtasks as wll, pleae let me know.

Cheers,

Prasanna Adavi, Project MVP

Blog:   Podcast:    Twitter:    LinkedIn:   

Monday, April 6, 2015 6:12 PM
  • Ibrash --

We ran into this exact same problem at my former employer.  M understanding is that you are seeing a bug in Microsoft Project Server 2010.  The bug is this:

• PM #1 creates a new project and he/she is automatically set as the Status Manager for every task.
    • Every time PM #1 opens the project, he/she is still set as the Status Manager.
    • PM #2 opens the project, and the bug causes Project Server 2010 to set PM #2 as the Status Manager for every task.

My understanding is that Microsoft fixed this bug in a recent Cumulative Update for Project Server.  I would recommend that you make sure you have the latest Service Packs and Cumulative Updates applied to your Project Server 2010 system and to each copy of Microsoft Project Professional 2010.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Monday, April 6, 2015 9:23 PM
  • Thank you Dale, I have not seen this error before..Looks like a similar error was fixed in December 2012 CU..

http://blogs.technet.com/b/projectsupport/p/ps10cu.aspx

Cheers,

Prasanna Adavi, Project MVP

Blog:   Podcast:    Twitter:    LinkedIn:   

Tuesday, April 7, 2015 2:21 AM