Weird character on incoming email RRS feed

• Question

• I have an issue on incoming email. We are using Exchange 2016 CU 14. All the sudden the email content changed if it has ">>" symbol. It changed to  ï¿½.   It showed the same result on OWA, Activesync and Outlook). I have created another test server but it is working fine.  I am not sure what could have caused our production server converting the content. 

Here is the original message before it happened.

Here is now.

I have compared the remotedomain settings (get-remotedomain default |fl) on production and test servers. They both look the same (using iso-8859-1 on characterset and nonmimecharacterset).

Any suggestions what else to check?

Thursday, November 7, 2019 10:37 PM

All replies

• Hi Erwan Tjen,

According to the information you provided above, it may caused by the encoding method.

You can check the encoding method in outlook

How to Change the Character Encoding in Outlook

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

In addition, you can configure the pipeline tracing log in your environment to capture copies of the message.

Detailed information: Pipeline tracing and Configure pipeline tracing

Regards,

Joyce Shen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, November 8, 2019 3:15 AM
  • Hi,

Is there any update about your issue?

Regards,

Joyce Shen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, November 18, 2019 7:08 AM