Outlook 2013 - Tags not appearing in toolbar RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, in my toolbar in Outlook 2013, in the Tags Section and under "Follow Up" it will only allow me to flag a message, not to flag for a specific time period (i.e. due in a day, week, etc) or mark as complete. I also can't seem to colour code messages. 
    Tuesday, March 6, 2018 10:36 AM

Answers

• Hi,

What's your account type? Exchange, POP or IMAP?

Based on my knowledge, you cannot custom a flag or add categories to a message when you are using an IMAP account. You may find the Tags group shown as the following picture.The IMAP protocol doesn't support the Category and Flag properties on messages.

As a workaround, you can either move the mail to separate folders to separate it or use Conditional formatting to highlight messages meeting specific conditions. If you need reminders, please drag the message to the Tasks folder and create a task with a reminder.

Here are two articles for your reference.

Follow Up Flags and Reminders for IMAP accounts

Outlook Categories, Flags, and IMAP Accounts

(Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.)

If you other concern about this issue, please feel free to tell me.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Edited by Perry-Pan Wednesday, March 7, 2018 5:11 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Friday, March 9, 2018 6:21 AM
    • Marked as answer by Opomigre Friday, March 9, 2018 10:54 AM
    Wednesday, March 7, 2018 5:09 AM

All replies

• Hi,

What's your account type? Exchange, POP or IMAP?

Based on my knowledge, you cannot custom a flag or add categories to a message when you are using an IMAP account. You may find the Tags group shown as the following picture.The IMAP protocol doesn't support the Category and Flag properties on messages.

As a workaround, you can either move the mail to separate folders to separate it or use Conditional formatting to highlight messages meeting specific conditions. If you need reminders, please drag the message to the Tasks folder and create a task with a reminder.

Here are two articles for your reference.

Follow Up Flags and Reminders for IMAP accounts

Outlook Categories, Flags, and IMAP Accounts

(Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.)

If you other concern about this issue, please feel free to tell me.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Edited by Perry-Pan Wednesday, March 7, 2018 5:11 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Friday, March 9, 2018 6:21 AM
    • Marked as answer by Opomigre Friday, March 9, 2018 10:54 AM
    Wednesday, March 7, 2018 5:09 AM
  • Hi,

I'd like to confirm with you whether my reply is helpful.

Please feel free to tell me if you need further assistance.

Regards,

Perry

Thursday, March 8, 2018 6:44 AM