none
Taskbar Buttons Stay Lit RRS feed

• Question

• It's starting to happen more and more frequently. Even though my mouse is somewhere else on the screen, one of the taskbar buttons still stays lit. It stays lit after I move my mouse across the button. But it disappears when the mouse goes to the next button, but then that new button stays lit. It's quite annoying. If you need any other information, let me know. Thanks.
    Thursday, May 14, 2009 10:07 PM

Answers

• Confirmed - this happens very rarely, but does happen (the same as with Start Orb glow)

Regards, Kristaps.
    • Marked as answer by dirienzo Thursday, May 14, 2009 11:26 PM
    Thursday, May 14, 2009 10:25 PM

All replies

• Confirmed - this happens very rarely, but does happen (the same as with Start Orb glow)

Regards, Kristaps.
    • Marked as answer by dirienzo Thursday, May 14, 2009 11:26 PM
    Thursday, May 14, 2009 10:25 PM
  • Yeah I figured it was a rare bug. Thanks for the confirmation.
    Thursday, May 14, 2009 11:01 PM
  • Does anyone have info on cause, or frequency? It happens 100% of the time for me (win7 RC clean, two different machines). The last icon the mouse touched maintains the extra glow, and the screentip appears on schedule no matter where the mouse is or what I'm doing. Frustrating!
    Friday, July 17, 2009 2:18 AM
  • I've got the same problem, and only occurs every so often, but when it starts it doesn't go away until you reboot.  I've never had it when I first booted.  Not a huge problem, but definitely a visual glitch.

Friday, July 17, 2009 1:47 PM
  • Did you try to restart your explorer.exe product in task manager?????? if that even dousent work then this is a more severe bug than stated before.
    Friday, July 17, 2009 4:10 PM
  • Killing explorer.exe and running a fresh one resolved the problem for me. Now I'll have to watch and try to figure out what causes it to reoccur.
    Friday, July 17, 2009 5:52 PM
  • I also have this problem with Windows 7 Ultimate (from MSDN).

I need to drag the mouse pointer to an unused (quick launch) icon
    for the glowing taskbar button to lose its glow.
    Thursday, October 29, 2009 7:44 PM
  • Happens for me as well--staying lit and/or the tool tips not disappearing. The problem usually arises after several days of my computer being left on, and only resolves after restarting explorer or the computer.
    Sunday, April 11, 2010 7:21 PM