very slow performance with athlon 64 +4000 and vista 32 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am using windows vista 32 bits on an notebook Amilo A1667G with a processor AMD Athlon 64 +4000. This processor is a processor of 7 steps (800-2600MHZ), but under vista 32 it only runs on 800MHZ and never increase its speed. Unfortunately I have only windows vista 32 thanks to my university and isn't available vista 64 bits.  So AMD offers drivers processors to control the processor speed on windows xp 32 and 64 bits, but not for windows vista.

I use my computer daily and I programming the hole day over with MSVC but its very very slow.. I don't want to come back to windows xp again. Do I have any possibility to increase the speed of my processor using windows vista 32??

Thanks in advance.

Saturday, April 7, 2007 8:53 PM

All replies

• That's odd, I'm using the exact same model (A1667G) and so far have had no performance issues. My Vista is Ultimate 64bit so maybe that is the difference (?).

My Firewire ext. HDD can only get 60% the speed it operated in XP, I'm just wondering if there is any fix/driver to solve this? Any help would be much appreciate.

Thanks.
    Thursday, April 12, 2007 11:47 AM
  • If you don't have any performance issues must be my vista 32. Thanks for the confirmation :-)
    Thursday, April 12, 2007 11:59 AM
  • Can you try to go to Device Manager and opt to Uninstall the CPUs, reboot and allow it to redetect to see what happens?
    Saturday, July 7, 2007 3:32 PM