How to enable Sleep Mode and Screen Saver for Windows 7 (64 bit) Professional? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Please advise how to fix Sleep Mode and Screen Saver problems. I tried so many things (updates BIOS/drivers) myself, but they were not very helpful. 

Recently I installed the motherboard. OS is Windows 7 64bit Professional.

My current configuration:
    - CPU Intel i3-7100 3.9GHz
    - 8GB DDR4 2133 Hyper/Kingston
    - 240 GB SunDisk SSD with Windows 7 and 2 additional HDD archive drives
    - 2 DVD optical drives
    - Wireless mobile mouse
    - Wired keyboard

Everything works well except above stated problems.

Thank you,

Friday, March 10, 2017 3:04 AM

All replies

• This is an example of a hardware specific situation and you need to contact the manufacturer of your computer system.  This is not related to Windows and is not something Microsoft can help you with.  This is a feature of your system hardware.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Sunday, March 12, 2017 9:41 PM
  • Hi ,

First of all, run powercfg /energy command from the command prompt with administrator privileges (Run as Administrator). This command will perform a 60 second analysis of the computer’s energy consumption and provide you with a report: (by default in the system32 folder): C:\Windows\system32\energy-report.html. It will list if your hardware is capable of S1, S2, S3 or S4 sleep mode.

If your hardware supports sleep mode, then try to enable sleep mode in Power option.

For your question about enabling screen saver, you could refer to the following link to implement it.

How to enable screen saver in windows 7?

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-desktop/how-to-enable-screen-saver-in-windows-7/c382769a-bea7-479d-a295-89995e801361

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, March 13, 2017 8:27 AM
  • Hi, 

Please export the energy report by running this command:

powercfg /energy

Then, you will find the report under C:\Windows\system32\energy-report.html.

See if there is any devices or program prevent the system from sleeping.

For program, try this command:

POWERCFG –REQUESTSOVERRIDE PROCESS xxxx.exe Display System

For devices or drivers, please replace with your driver name

POWERCFG -RequestsOverride DRIVER "Microsoft Virtual Machine Audio Device Driver (PCI\VEN_1414&DEV_0007&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_00\3&267a616a&0&60)" system

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, March 15, 2017 8:12 AM