Uninstall SCCM Console RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm trying to uninstall the SCCM Console from a secondary site (I know, it's use on a secondary site server is not supported - but i just want to REMOVE it)

Everytime I go into the setup, it seems like it wants to deinstall the whole site.

I havent had the gonads to click next through that, as i do not want the site to be deinstalled as it would create an incredible amount of work for me....

Can someone please help me figure out how to properly remove it?
    (I believe the fact that it is installed is keeping me from upgrading this site server to SP2 as the prereq check gives all kinds of errors...)
    Wednesday, December 9, 2009 4:44 PM

Answers

• Hi Jamie,

I'm afraid there is no option to uninstall the console in this scenario without uninstalling the secondary site. We have no supported solution to get you out of an unsupported scenario.
    Thursday, December 10, 2009 9:52 AM
  • Yes, it is because of the admin console on the secondary site that we're detecting a primary site. As Eric stated, there is no supported solution to getting rid of the console and doing an upgrade to SP2.
    Wally Mead
    Friday, December 11, 2009 5:04 AM

All replies

• instead of uninstalling the console try removing the adminui registry hive from hklm\software\microsoft\sms.
    Backup the regkey first.

"Everyone is an expert at something" Kim Oppalfens Configmgr expert for lack of any other expertise. http://www.scug.be/blogs/sccm
    Wednesday, December 9, 2009 9:22 PM
  • tried it. doesnt change anything

during SP2 pre-req, still detects my site as a primary site

Wednesday, December 9, 2009 11:47 PM
  • Hi Jamie,

I'm afraid there is no option to uninstall the console in this scenario without uninstalling the secondary site. We have no supported solution to get you out of an unsupported scenario.
    Thursday, December 10, 2009 9:52 AM
  • Fair enough,

Can you tell me if the fact that the admin console is installed that the SP2 upgrade is detecting a secondary site as a primary?

Thursday, December 10, 2009 12:27 PM
  • Yes, it is because of the admin console on the secondary site that we're detecting a primary site. As Eric stated, there is no supported solution to getting rid of the console and doing an upgrade to SP2.
    Wally Mead
    Friday, December 11, 2009 5:04 AM