2 screens with independent use RRS feed

• Question

• hello, 

i'd like to ask about how to separate the two screens i use right now so that they can work independently. please step by step so that i can understand

thank you

Thursday, February 4, 2016 7:16 PM

Answers

All replies

• Assuming your monitors are connected to two different video outputs on hardware that supports the "independent" use do this  - Press Win P  (Hold down the windows key and press P).  On the screen that pops up select Extend.

If that doesn't work for you, please explain your configuration.

Thursday, February 4, 2016 8:46 PM
  • thanks a lot for the feedback 

look, I have connected a screen with my laptop and I have tried everything. what I really want is to work on the laptop with a programme while I am watching on the other screen a youtube video that will help me do my job. is that even possible?

thank you sir

Friday, February 5, 2016 2:14 AM
  • Please see: Windows 10 Tip: Use Multiple Desktops

Carey Frisch

• Proposed as answer by Carey FrischMVP Friday, February 5, 2016 3:38 AM
    • Marked as answer by Karen Hu Friday, February 19, 2016 3:02 AM
    Friday, February 5, 2016 2:36 AM
  • thank you so much, I think this is it!

Friday, February 5, 2016 2:59 AM
  • Hi annaann,

Please remember to mark the replies if they help.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, February 5, 2016 7:08 AM
  • Some laptops are capable of using two monitor with an extended desktop.  Some can only mirror (duplicate) video.  If you really "tried everything" your unspecified laptop is probably one of the latter.  The suggestion to use multiple desktops is a good work around.
    Friday, February 5, 2016 5:24 PM