none
Passing Parameter as ID rather than Name RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a way to pass filter values to PPS webpart (embedded with SSRS report). I would like to pass the filter values to SSRS report in terms of IDs rather than Names since I am not getting hyperlink enabled when the values size gets increased.

RaghuM
    Thursday, October 13, 2011 9:09 PM

All replies

• Only alternate to a display name is Member Unique Name but that would give a fully qualified MDX member key which would considerably increase the already long hyperlink.

Guess you would have to restrict the number of filters a user can select by either creating hierarchies or named sets, and later parsing those values in your SSRS stored procedure.

http://dailyitsolutions.blogspot.com/
    • Edited by Umair.Khan Friday, October 14, 2011 4:27 PM
    • Marked as answer by Heidi Tr - MSFTModerator Monday, October 31, 2011 6:57 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by MSRN Thursday, November 17, 2011 11:14 PM
    Friday, October 14, 2011 4:27 PM
  • could you please elaborate on one of above mentioned options.
    RaghuM
    • Edited by MSRN Thursday, November 17, 2011 11:14 PM
    Thursday, November 17, 2011 11:07 PM
  • You can reduce the number of filters if you have relating dimensions or levels. I am not aware how many filters you are using or what are the relations in your data model. Assume you have 2 dimension, and 2 corresponding filters, Manager and Employee. You can create a hierarchy among them and create a tree filter to reduce one filter.

Or you can create cascading filters where only the child filter is connected to the report.

Hope it helps.

http://dailyitsolutions.blogspot.com/
    Monday, November 21, 2011 3:14 PM
  • i am using only two filters. one is Time Period and other one is Products filter. Since there are multiple products, hyperlink getting disabled by selecting multiple products and it works for few (4-5) products based on the length. it happens only when you enable to open the hyperlink in NEW window using window.open.

Is there any way to open the report in NEW window w/o using window.open method.

RaghuM
    Monday, November 21, 2011 4:24 PM