Blue Screen of Death RRS feed

• Question

• Ever since I got Vista, I have had nothing but problems. I use this machine mostly for internet and music. But just doing something like closing my IE window cause a complete crash, with Blue Screen of death and all. I cant stand this. Here are the detailes of the latest one.

Problem signature

Problem Event Name: BlueScreen

OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3

Locale ID: 1033

Files that help describe the problem (some files may no longer be available)

Mini042007-01.dmp

sysdata.xml

Version.txt

View a temporary copy of these files

Warning: If a virus or other security threat caused the problem, opening a copy of the files could harm your computer.

Extra information about the problem

BCCode: 4e

BCP1: 00000099

BCP2: 0004D7DF

BCP3: 00000003

BCP4: 00016354

OS Version: 6_0_6000

Service Pack: 0_0

Product: 768_1

Server information: b842715c-d3e3-4f8e-8501-f4c9e9f712d5

• Moved by Carey FrischMVP, Moderator Monday, July 26, 2010 2:10 PM Moved to proper forum category (From:Windows Vista Announcements)
    Friday, April 20, 2007 4:39 PM

All replies

• If the problem only occur when closing IE. Did you check any toolbar or add-on were installed to IE?

Those are the source from IE problem.

Tuesday, April 24, 2007 9:30 AM
  • I've had Vista for about 10 days and it's been a real headache.  My laptop would not shutdown and I kept getting the bluescreen warning.  I've had a number of system repairs done, but it's a huge hassle because I then have to reinstall all my other software, camera, macromedia, music etc... Last night the problem occurred again, this time the error message was 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3 and the locale ID is 5129

How do I fix this?

Wednesday, May 23, 2007 8:31 PM
  • You information is not enough for troubleshooting. You should find out which component/s cause the problem. Such as which application/s or dll file/s. Also, did you check whether all of your hardwares, softwares and drivers are compatibility with Vista?

The drivers which were designed for XP will cause problem in Vista.

Sunday, June 3, 2007 5:28 PM
  •  

Problem signature

Problem Event Name: BlueScreen

OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3

Locale ID: 20490

Mini060607-01.dmp

sysdata.xml

Version.txt

Warning: If a virus or other security threat caused the problem, opening a copy of the files could harm your computer.

BCCode: 1a

BCP1: 00041790

BCP2: C0401064

BCP3: 0000FFFF

BCP4: 00000000

OS Version: 6_0_6000

I have the same problem with Vista, and I don't know what is the problem. May be is the secondly memory I've installed.

There 2 more blue screen, I need help..... 

Mini060807-01.dmp

sysdata.xml

Version.txt

BCCode: 4e

BCP1: 00000099

BCP2: 0002F46E

BCP3: 00000002

BCP4: 0002F465

Saturday, June 9, 2007 3:16 AM
  • Hi All,

Vista - what a nightmare, wish I had gone with a mac after all the problem's ive had with this.

I have also got the same problem, for no reason what so ever it get freezes with the blue screen, then re-boots itself, and i get the same message as everyone else, its so frustrating vista is so unstable.

Thos is my second laptop, the firstone only lasted 4 hours before it started freezing the screen going black and lines all over it, i put it down to a hardware fault, but im not so sure now, since then ive had a new replacement and nothing but problem's, and ive not even installed any software on it yet !

1.Bluescreen of death

2.Sound crackels and not clear, same on both machines ( no know cure )

3. Problem with windows update saying i need to update a driver and didnt - found the fix to that on this forum (Thanks)

Sorry to go on but im so dissapointed with this opperating system.

Please does anyone know how to fix this dreaded blue screen ???

Regards

Paul

Sunday, June 17, 2007 10:02 PM
  • Hi, is it a clean install of Vista, without any other software installed?

If you installed other softwares, they can be the source of the problem.

If It's is a clean install, you may need to contact the vendor to check the hardware.

Sunday, June 24, 2007 7:21 AM
  •  

I just found that in the 27 times that my computer has done this from 7/10-8/7 it has not once reported it. So how can Microsoft know to fix the problem if it believes that we are causing it ourselves with new software, since their system fails to report it. I just took the last 35 minutes to manually report all the mishaps. I hope that this will get there attention. If anyone stubles upon the answer please shout it to the Vitsa World.
    Wednesday, August 8, 2007 2:28 AM
  • 0x4E

You can try installing different memory. If that doesn't work it's probably due to some 3rd Party software you loaded.

Did you build the system yourself?

Does it crash if you do a clean install and not load any of your 3rd party software?

Saturday, August 11, 2007 2:19 AM
  • i have a bluescreen and a way two fix it all my hard work paid off

ok from the start its gfx divers windows loads at startup

1 going two safe mode with networking

2 than go device manager

3 than go display adapters

4 than uninstall

5 wan it says restart say restart later

6 than go on web gfx card makers than down load latetis divers

7 put tham on destop rdy

8 put tham in than it will say pc needs two reestart

9 let gfx program ree start your pc

10 all is working have fun hope this all helps you out

11 let the darkpowers of the force fix your pc bluescreen

gfx divers on sum vista disks dont work right

maybe a bug wan windows made  the disks

who no.s

Tuesday, September 11, 2007 1:51 AM
  • Frequently I am getting blue screen death in my Dell Inspiron - Windows Xp- SP2 system
    I have reinstalled twice the OS after full formatting of disk.Did thte Chkdsk too.
    Increased the RAM from 512 MB to 1.25 GB. Installed McAfee and AVG antivirus tools.
    Still I am again getting the blue screen death. It says it has been dumped in a file- but I couldn't find them.
    What needs to be done?
    Saturday, November 17, 2007 8:22 PM
  • I've been getting a blue screen ...this is the msg i get..can anyone help me please:

Problem signature:
      Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
      OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
      Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
      BCCode: 50
      BCP1: FFFFFF94
      BCP2: 00000000
      BCP3: 89397798
      BCP4: 00000000
      OS Version: 6_0_6000
      Service Pack: 0_0
      Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
      C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini122507-01.dmp
      C:\Users\NM\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-57611-0.sysdata.xml
      C:\Users\NM\AppData\Local\Temp\WER7139.tmp.version.txt

Read our privacy statement:
      http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=50163&clcid=0x0409

my computer is also having problems with audio...it says no audio output has been installed...

please help me.

Thanks.

Nasim

Tuesday, December 25, 2007 10:48 PM
  • dont feel like the lone ranger. its happend to me 5 times tonight in the matter of a few hours.   THIS IS A BRAND NEW LAPTOP sony vaio with visto home. worked great for about a week had put 2gig ram in when I bought it so it had 3gig of ram. tonight I maxed it out to 4gigs of ram and it give me this

Problem signature:
      Problem Event Name:    BlueScreen
      OS Version:    6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
      Locale ID:    1033

Additional information about the problem:
      BCCode:    a
      BCP1:    00000004
      BCP2:    00000002
      BCP3:    00000000
      BCP4:    81CBE9D9
      OS Version:    6_0_6001
      Service Pack:    1_0
      Product:    768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
      C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini080208-02.dmp
      C:\Users\MR\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-39624-0.sysdata.xml
      C:\Users\MR\AppData\Local\Temp\WERBB.tmp.version.txt

Read our privacy statement:
      http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=50163&clcid=0x0409

5 time!!! wow, doesnt even seem like this problem is being reported to microsoft. seems also to be quite a seriou design flaw!
    Saturday, August 2, 2008 7:46 AM
  • Hi

I've had Windows Vista for three months, on my new computer, and I am totally sick of getting the blue screen. I've looked into it many many times, on forums, troubleshooters etc and the overwhelming evidence is that is a Vista problem- nothing to do with my hardware!

I've formatted my computer numerous times, running Vista on its own with no additional hardware or programs and still get the blue screen. It cannot be anything to do with my hardware...

Can you please give me a straight answer; do you have a solution to this problem or are you working on one? Because I'm totally fed up- and would have happily stayed with Windows XP, but unfortunately it is now unavailable- I was forced to buy Vista!

Please don't fob me off with pointless questions! I don't know a lot about computers but it seems obvious what the problem is. If you can help, can you keep it simple please!

Wednesday, September 24, 2008 10:15 PM
  • I found out concerning Vista SP1 was the cause of my problem. As soon as I allowed windows to install the update I started getting the Blue Screen and the shutdown and restart. I decided to uninstall the SP1 update and see how my computer reacted. Well since I have uninstalled that update I have had no more problems so for some others of you out there that are getting the 9f this might be your answer.

Wednesday, November 26, 2008 2:31 AM
  • i had this problem with pc game's i tryed a new mosue and keyboard and it has stopped doing the blue screen of death ever since if this doesn't work try a new webcam or other hardware in your computer but if you pull a ipod out it will mini dump/blue screen of death

Sunday, April 26, 2009 6:36 PM
  • After reading a lot of these blue screen postings, it seems that the common response from peolple that have gotten them fixed is, the drivers.  For what ever reason vista and or installed programs drivers run in conflict or are not loaded properly.  Spend the $50.00 bucks and get with micro soft tech's and they will get it straight.
    Tuesday, September 8, 2009 9:46 PM
  • I really need help as to how to fix this, I don't know very much more than to simple programs and since my Grand Kids moved I'm kinda own my own. Any help would be really helpful.

Thanks

Harold Borders

Sunday, July 25, 2010 10:13 PM