Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 (via comcast) RRS feed

• Question

• Trying to setup up a sharepoint site that I can have emails sent into a library. The option for email is not showing under the settings/communications. (only RSS settings). The basic help indicates " E-mail support is enabled in Central Administration at the Web application level." I do not know where this central administation area is so I can enable email for the site library.

Help wit this would be apprereciated

h

Wednesday, October 27, 2010 9:56 PM

Answers

• If you cannot setup the incomming e-mail on the server, it will be quite hard to send e-mail to your library.

You should contact the people hosting your server and ask them if they can provide you with the service.

Sorry.

Serge

Serge
    Friday, October 29, 2010 1:30 AM
  • Hi,

You should enable and configure e-mail setting for a library:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint-server-help/enable-and-configure-e-mail-support-for-a-list-or-library-HA010082307.aspx

Someone encountered that they couldn’t find “incoming e-mail settings” as an option in the list settings, because they hadn’t installed SMTP service on the SharePoint Server. Once STMP is configured, you have to then set “Incoming e-mail settings” in Central Administration.

I wish you every success in your important work.

Best regards,

David HM

Friday, October 29, 2010 6:37 AM

All replies