hp touchsmart iq 500 screen flickering since windows 7 download RRS feed

• Question

• since downloading win 7 professional upgrade ontop of win vista ultimate I have had screen flicker
    • i can not change the hertz from 59-60 and nvidia, microsoft and hp have said they are working on it - it has now been 2 months of screen flickering and no resolution
    • i have deleted the driver and done a clean sweep and install and yet the hertz will return back to 59 each time!!!???
    • any suggestions or hope?
    • do you recommend i dump the nvidia card and put another manufacturer like ati?
    Monday, November 30, 2009 3:27 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

It is probably a graphice driver issue.

Visit the following webiste:

http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Lookup?h_lang=en&h_cc=us&cc=us&h_page=hpcom&lang=en&h_client=S-A-R163-1&h_query=hp+touchsmart+iq

Choose your model under "HP TouchSmart IQ500 Desktop PC series", in the open window choose "Software & driver Downloads", the next windows choose your Operation system, install the "Original NVIDIA Unified Graphics Driver" down the list and then install the NextWindow Multi-Touch Device Driver Update for windows 7.

Good luck
    • Marked as answer by Vivian Xing Friday, December 4, 2009 9:06 AM
    Tuesday, December 1, 2009 6:49 AM
  • Since downloading Windows 7, my computer screen has been flickering. I've have done what you suggested only to keep the flickering, but with worse settings for color. Therefore, should I return to vista and give my cd away or something, or is there a better solution? I do not enjoy having my pictures more in red. Why is it that I cannot change my refresh rate to 60 Hz? It's stuck on 59 Hz!!!!!!

I checked to see if the computer brand was correct; I do have a HP touchsmart IQ506. I did go on that site and I downloaded the information. I just do not understand why your instructions have not worked for me. It has been months. I had hoped the upgrade would be an upgrade in quality. It hasn't been yet. Microsoft, surprise me. Show me the solution.
    • Proposed as answer by Cocohp Sunday, May 2, 2010 2:02 AM
    Saturday, February 6, 2010 7:06 AM
  • Hi,

I have been struggling with this issue for quite long too. After reviewing many blogs and support posts, I tried to update the NVIDIA GeForce 9300M GS Graphics Firmware, and it worked! :). Hope it works for anybody with the same issue.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=pv-82503-1&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&lang=en&os=4062&product=3752245

Regards

Sunday, May 2, 2010 2:22 AM