none
Project Web Access 2010: Change the owner of a project fails RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!
    System: Project Server 2010 Backward Compatiblity Mode
    Migrated from Project Server 2007.

I am trying to change the owner of a specific project. It works with a lot of project, but with some projects I receive the following queue error as I click on "Save" in the Project Web Access:

General
    Project:
    ProjectSchedulingEngineException (9133). Details: id='9133' name='ProjectSchedulingEngineException' uid='b2f03dfa-6f0b-4086-bd78-5007e7d88257' exception='Microsoft.Office.Project.Scheduling.EventHorizonFinishException: Error in the application. at Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.BusinessLayer.ProjectSchedule.Schedule() at Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.BusinessLayer.ProjectMain.HandleProject(ProjectDataSet dataset, Guid projectUid, Boolean fSkipSchedulingCalc, Guid userUid, String userName, Boolean isNew, Boolean addColumns, ProjectLocks projectLock, Boolean fCheckReadOnly, Boolean fCheckProtectedActuals, Boolean fAllowAddEntRes, Boolean fOptIndexRecalced, Guid templateUid, Boolean fSkipCfFormulaCalc)'.
    Queue:
    GeneralQueueJobFailed (26000) - ProjectUpdate.ProjectUpdateMessage. Details: id='26000' name='GeneralQueueJobFailed' uid='582fe820-21b9-4412-95be-62e65964c3be' JobUID='cc4ed594-f5c0-4a30-a6d1-cf0a50772b0f' ComputerName='VIE165NT' GroupType='ProjectUpdate' MessageType='ProjectUpdateMessage' MessageId='2' Stage=''. For more details, check the ULS logs on machine VIE165NT for entries with JobUID cc4ed594-f5c0-4a30-a6d1-cf0a50772b0f.

Please help!

Gerald Tauchner
    Friday, February 4, 2011 12:56 PM

All replies

• Hi!

Additional Information from the ULS Log:
    Exception occurred Microsoft.Office.Project.Scheduling.EventHorizonFinishException: Error in the application.     at Microsoft.Office.Project.Scheduling.Calendar.CheckShiftBounds(Int32 shift)     at Microsoft.Office.Project.Scheduling.Calendar.FindWorkingShiftForward(Int32& day, Int32& shift, RelTimeInterval& interval)     at Microsoft.Office.Project.Scheduling.Allocate.ScheduleForward(IShiftReader shiftReader, AllocationInfo allocationInfo, RelTimeInterval timeIn, IShiftAvailability shiftAvailability, AssignmentWorkList workList, Int64& work, RelTimeInterval& timeOut)     at Microsoft.Office.Project.Scheduling.Allocate.CalendarTimeBetween(IShiftReader shiftReader, RelTimeInterval timeIn, RelTime& duration)     at Microsoft.Office.Project.Scheduling.SessionSchedulerBase.CorrectNonworkAssignment(Session session, Project project, Resource resource, Assignment assignment)     at Microsoft.Office.Project.Scheduling.SessionSchedulerBase.Validate(Session session, SchedulingOptions options)     at Microsoft.Office.Project.Scheduling.SessionSchedulerBase.Schedule(SessionSchedule schedule, SchedulingOptions options)     at Microsoft.Office.Project.Scheduling.Scheduler.ScheduleCore(Session session, SchedulingOptions options)     at Microsoft.Office.Project.Scheduling.Scheduler.ScheduleApply(ISchedulingEngineData data, ISchedulingOptions options, SchedulingDataFilter filter)     at Microsoft.Office.Project.Scheduling.SchedulingEngineData.ScheduleApply(ISchedulingOptions options)     at Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.BusinessLayer.ProjectSchedule.Schedule()

Gerald Tauchner
    Friday, February 4, 2011 2:23 PM
  • Hi Gerald,

the owner is the same for every projects?

Has the user (new owner) the correct permissions (ie Create Projects) ?

Hope that can help you,

Best Regards

Paolo O.

Friday, February 4, 2011 8:33 PM
  • Hi Paolo!

I used the owner for other projects, if that's what you mean. I set this user to own other projects, and it worked.

Thanks for the input!

Kind regards,
    Gerald Tauchner
    Saturday, February 5, 2011 12:15 PM
  • Hi Gerald

Has this been solved? I registered exact the same behaviour?

Best regards,

Beat

Monday, June 18, 2012 8:05 AM
  • Hi!

Sorry, no this issue has not been solved, I don't know why Mr. Fiessinger marked it as answered without comment.

I still have this issue. Right now, what I do as workaround is:

Open the project in MS Project

Save it as file to the desktop

Then again save the file to the server with the exact same name to overwrite the old server version

After that I can change the Project Owner to the correct person via Project Web Access. (You have to do that at that point because as soon as you overwrite the project you are the owner of the new server version.)

Hope it helps you!

Kind regards,

Gerald

Gerald Tauchner

Monday, July 2, 2012 7:21 AM
  • I just stumpled upon the very same issue and have found the following KB article/hotfix that seems to address the problem: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2536586

However, I haven't tested it just yet. Will post again once I've done so.

Monday, September 17, 2012 2:54 PM
  • I have the same issue for a client with SP2.

I assume this KB is included in SP2.

Is there another solution?

Thnaks,

Barak

Sunday, June 22, 2014 12:11 PM