Windows 2016 for adfs server and adfs web proxy server error RRS feed

• Question

• Can you tell me how you fixed this?  We are using Windows 2016 for adfs server and adfs web proxy server.  When we try to configure the web proxy wizard and try to install "AD FS proxy could not be configured - An error occurred when attempting to establish a trust relationship with the federation service. error: request was aborted: could not create SSL/TLS secure channel.

I did this link as suggested https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_o365admin-mso_dep365/adfs-proxy/4562e329-fec6-41d8-a535-7071b6b0414b

However, then I get an error occurred when attempting to establish a trust relationship with the federation service. Error: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send.

Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks,

Jocelyn

Wednesday, June 21, 2017 2:04 PM

Answers

• Make sure you are using the actual name of the farm during the setup. Also make sure that this is resolved to the internal IP of the farm, many proxies have an internet resolution and resolve the IP address of the farm to themselves (which does not work...). If you have load balancers between the proxies and the ADFS servers, make sure they are not doing any SSL offloading or SSL inspection as it breaks the TLS authentication the proxy is using.

Note: Posts are provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose.

Thursday, June 22, 2017 12:41 PM