none
Patch or patches causing GPO drive map issues? RRS feed

• Question

• Drive Mapping GPO's not working. I can't tell if this is a patch issue with our clients or a patch issue with our DCs. Last night we applied patches to our Win7 and Win10 machines. We also applied the February patches to our 2008 R2 DCs (1 Forest, 1 domain, 2 dcs). Today people do not have their drive mappings.

1) I can manually the map the drives (using the same path that is set in the GPO), so permissions is not the issue
    2) The clients get other GPOs, but not the drive mapping ones
    3) The only change was that we patched and rebooted
    4) I don't see errors when I run gpresults on various machines, you just don't see those GPP's show up in the gpresults
    5) Running gpupdate or gpupdate /force and rebooting doesn't help
    6) I don't see DFS replication errors

This is a bit spooky. I have not uninstalled the patches on the DC's......there were 5 of them and were the standard security\critical ones (IE, etc.).

Jason

Friday, March 30, 2018 12:02 AM

Answers

• Hi,

To display the dialog as the article mentioned, we should click Advanced button under delegation tab.

For your reference:

If you have anything unclear, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

William

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 2, 2018 2:38 AM

All replies

• Hi,

>>The clients get other GPOs, but not the drive mapping ones

Could you please check the current link of the GPO?

Also, may I ask whether you are using Security Filtering or WMI Filtering for the GPO?

Best Regards,

William

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, March 30, 2018 6:17 AM
  • I checked the link of the GPO, it is enabled and pointing to the domain (as opposed to a specific OU). So, this is the same as always. Also, we use security filtering for the drive mappings. The correct people are in the security groups.

I am now looking at this article and will provide feed back to this post on Monday.

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/askds/2016/06/22/deploying-group-policy-security-update-ms16-072-kb3163622/

Friday, March 30, 2018 2:25 PM
  • Hello, I think the article in the URL I referenced explains and fixes the issue, but could I get a sanity check before I do this? The article says to add Authenticated Users to the permissions on the GPO. I assume they mean you go to the GPO in question, go to the Delegation tab of that GPO, then give Authenticated Users Read permissions?

I only ask because when I do that my screen is a bit different, I can add Authenticated Users but my options look like this, I don't have what they show.

Jason

Saturday, March 31, 2018 8:15 PM
  • Hi,

To display the dialog as the article mentioned, we should click Advanced button under delegation tab.

For your reference:

If you have anything unclear, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

William

Monday, April 2, 2018 2:38 AM