Create new view on tasks list "My Team" RRS feed

• Question

• I want to create a new view for shrepoint tasks list that give the ability for each manager to view the tasks of lower employee according too user profile and organization structure? I tried working with filter and calculated column but I couldn't find any option like this... how can i do that?
    Tuesday, September 6, 2011 6:14 AM

Answers

All replies

• You can create a set of folders in the task list. Grant contribute permission to each subordinate (lower employee) on their folder. For clarity you may name these folders with employees' name. 

Then grant contribute/read permission to manager (as per the requirement) on the task list. Now create a view for manager and mark it without folder, so that he can view tasks of all the subordinates in one single view. Also you may group "By"  this view with the " "created by" column.

This way each employee will will have access to his own task folder and not others. And manager will have a view of tasks of his complete team.

I hope this will help.

-Ankit Nigam | MCITP SQL Server 2005
    Tuesday, September 6, 2011 5:40 PM
  • what if I had a large number of employees +200, it will cause a head ache on planning and creating folders and permissions.... I hope to find a solution that make use of organization chart of user profiles services 
    Wednesday, September 7, 2011 8:31 AM
  • Hi Rami,

In this situation, you may consider customizing a web part for task list, retrieve and filter data based on the comparison of user profile of assigned to field with the login user. For more information about configure and deploy secure web part, please refer to: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc261736(office.12).aspx

Thanks,
    Qiao Wei

Thursday, September 8, 2011 11:22 AM