start up issues RRS feed

• Question

• After installing a pc cleaner on my computer, I reboot the system as required and the issue began.  It comes on the window logo screen, then a blue hp screen and reboots all over again.  It will not reboot in safe mode, safe mode with networking, nor safe mode with command prompts.  Before this issue, my system was not reading the cd/dvd drive.  What should I do?
    Wednesday, November 23, 2011 10:43 PM

Answers

• After installing a pc cleaner

This doesn't sound too flash, most likely malware or something.

You can download and burn a copy of Hirens boot cd, which has Malware Bytes on it. Boot from the CD.

You can download it here:

http://www.hiren.info/pages/bootcd

If you cannot boot from a CD your cd/dvd drive may be faulty as opposed to an OS issue.

MCITP: Enterprise Administrator Windows Server 2008 MCTS: Windows 7, Active Directory, Network Infrastructure, Applications Infrastructure, Exchange 2007 ITIL V3 Certified
    Thursday, November 24, 2011 4:50 AM

All replies

• After installing a pc cleaner

This doesn't sound too flash, most likely malware or something.

You can download and burn a copy of Hirens boot cd, which has Malware Bytes on it. Boot from the CD.

You can download it here:

http://www.hiren.info/pages/bootcd

If you cannot boot from a CD your cd/dvd drive may be faulty as opposed to an OS issue.

MCITP: Enterprise Administrator Windows Server 2008 MCTS: Windows 7, Active Directory, Network Infrastructure, Applications Infrastructure, Exchange 2007 ITIL V3 Certified
    Thursday, November 24, 2011 4:50 AM
  • Good answer David.

Just adding to his answer - make sure to check the BIOS SETUP that the boot order has your CD drive before your HARDDISK.

Please vote my post as helpful if you think it was, and mark it as
    an answer if it answered
    your question. That will help others
    with the same problem finding the answer. - Thanks.

Thursday, November 24, 2011 2:54 PM