MDT 2012 SP1 - with Light Touch RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to get a task sequence setup to install the image on disk 1.

Task sequence name: Deploy W7 x64 to D1

Task sequence  tab --> Pre Install --> Format & Partition Disk | Values: Disk Number: 1 Disk Type: Standard(MBR) The box is checked for Create extra active partition

Task sequence  tab --> Install --> Select the location where you want to apply the operating system: Specific Disk and Partition Disk: 1 Partition: 1

I then click OK and then edited the unattended.xml via the MDT task sequence Deploy W7 x64 to D1 --> OS Info  (tab) --> Edit Unattended.xml Button. Then expanded Windows PE --> amd64_Microsoft-Windows-Setup_neutral --> Image Install --> OS Image --> InstallTo | Settings: DiskID value is 1; PartitionID 1

I have rebooted the deployment server, I also rebuilt the deployment share... Watching the deployment on the screen Lightouch says preparing Disk 1 Partition... When the install completes I see a black screen: BootMgr Missing. If reboot with F12 and select to boot from the Hard Drive it boots on the image, Bios says that is disk 0. When Windows loads I see data on Disk 1, the SSD as well as data on Disk 0. This is a Dell M3800 with 2 drives installed.

Friday, May 15, 2015 8:47 PM