Deploy CCM agnet / FEP at the same time on Workgroup clients RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, 

i need to install CCM and FEP on workgroup machines.

first i tried to manual install CCM agent by using "CCMsetup.exe smsSiteCode=S01 DNSsuffix=Lab.Local"

and manual install FEP (will will not be managed via CCM) if i install it by "SCEPInstall.exe /policy C:\scep\ep_defaultpolicy.xml" will be managed ??

but it's too default to do this over 500-1000 PC so can i do it by network discovery or automated using script or like this ?

any suggestions or links regarding this ?

thx.

Tuesday, August 27, 2013 10:22 PM

All replies

• Hi,

To install the client on a workgroup computer you must use the SMSMP=yourmanagementpoint as the client cannot Query AD for MP information as it is in a workgroup, that should solve your problem with the client.

You can use Network Discovery and then use client push if the firewall allows it on the workgroup computers and if you have a local admin account on them all.

I would install FEP using a package/program once the SCCM client is instsalled.

Regards,
    Jörgen

-- My System Center blog ccmexec.com -- Twitter @ccmexec

Wednesday, August 28, 2013 4:34 AM
  • Hi,

To install the client on a workgroup computer you must use the SMSMP=yourmanagementpoint as the client cannot Query AD for MP information as it is in a workgroup, that should solve your problem with the client.

You can use Network Discovery and then use client push if the firewall allows it on the workgroup computers and if you have a local admin account on them all.

I would install FEP using a package/program once the SCCM client is instsalled.

Regards,
    Jörgen

Thanks for your replay

i've tried to discover WG client but i can't so 

i did already manula install using below cmd and WG machine able to resolve FQDN of CCM

ccmsetup.exe SMSSITECODE=S01 /MP:02-SCCM DNSSUFFIX=HanyLab.Local INSTALL=ALL

the CCM agent get installed and FEP agent Also after i configured auto approval for Clients but FEP still can't get the updates form CCM

how ever the updates listed in CCM software center in client side (and already installed in Domain Machines)

i've attached client logs (ClientAgent, UpdateHandler, WUAHandler)

any advice

and still 0% for hours and after restart also 

any advice 

Friday, August 30, 2013 4:03 AM
  • Hi,

It sounds like either a Boundary issue or an authentication issue in IIS, check the boundary and you can also try to enable "Anonymous access" on the DP.

Regards,
    Jörgen

Friday, August 30, 2013 6:58 AM
  • Hi,

It sounds like either a Boundary issue or an authentication issue in IIS, check the boundary and you can also try to enable "Anonymous access" on the DP.

Regards,
    Jörgen

Regarding boundary i did already boundary by WG subnet 10.170.170.x and added this boundary to my boundary group 

and for anonymous access i'm already enabled also.

note: this updates came to be 8 and 30 % but never ever completed even after hours and after restart 

so how i can identify issue from CCM side which log should i look?

Friday, August 30, 2013 5:13 PM