none
Different Administrative activities in a department and in another one [2007] RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Project Server 2007 + SP2

We can create new categories of Administrative time which appear in the users timesheets. But is it possible to have different sets of such Administrative categories for resources of one department and resources of another department in the same company?

Thanks

Thursday, July 29, 2010 8:37 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Is it not possible to do this, sorry.  What I would suggest is have a naming convenstion where a particluar group of admin starts with with a name, e.g:

dept1_

dept2_

Sorry I am not able to provide you with a positive answer.....

Regards,

Dharmesh

• Marked as answer by WLID1966 Thursday, July 29, 2010 3:45 PM
    Thursday, July 29, 2010 10:47 AM
  • Hi,

since that is not possible, you could think about using projects for special types of administrative time. You could create one project for each department with their special tasks. And only use Administrative Time for task which are common for the whole company.

Regards
    Barbara 

Thursday, July 29, 2010 10:52 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Is it not possible to do this, sorry.  What I would suggest is have a naming convenstion where a particluar group of admin starts with with a name, e.g:

dept1_

dept2_

Sorry I am not able to provide you with a positive answer.....

Regards,

Dharmesh

Thursday, July 29, 2010 10:47 AM
  • Hi,

since that is not possible, you could think about using projects for special types of administrative time. You could create one project for each department with their special tasks. And only use Administrative Time for task which are common for the whole company.

Regards
    Barbara 

Thursday, July 29, 2010 10:52 AM
  • Thank is a very good idea that Barbara has suggested, setting up admin projects are an alternative way to book admin time.

Regards,

Dharmesh

• Proposed as answer by Dharm Patel Thursday, July 29, 2010 11:02 AM
    Thursday, July 29, 2010 11:02 AM
  • Good idea Barbara,

Thanks

Thursday, July 29, 2010 3:45 PM