Have a column show up in the CSV export but not in printing and not in the report RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I want to add a column to the report called Program. 

I don't want Program to show up in the report or in printing, but have it show up in the CSV. Is this possible?

So far I have tried to use this for column visibility

=iif(Globals!RenderFormat.IsInteractive,False,True)

and then Visibility and Hidden set it to True but then when I export to CSV, Program does not show up. 

Monday, January 27, 2020 4:33 PM

Answers

• Hi Saanah,

Use this following expression for the visibility property:

=iif(Globals!RenderFormat.Name="CSV",false,true)

Regards,

Lukas

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Olaf HelperMVP Tuesday, January 28, 2020 7:48 AM
    • Marked as answer by Saanah Wednesday, January 29, 2020 1:17 PM
    Tuesday, January 28, 2020 1:46 AM

All replies

• Hi Saanah,

Use this following expression for the visibility property:

=iif(Globals!RenderFormat.Name="CSV",false,true)

Regards,

Lukas

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Olaf HelperMVP Tuesday, January 28, 2020 7:48 AM
    • Marked as answer by Saanah Wednesday, January 29, 2020 1:17 PM
    Tuesday, January 28, 2020 1:46 AM
  • IsInteractive=True means a user manually call the report and start the report, what you did. Only report rendering by subscription is not interactive.

Olaf Helper

[ Blog] [ Xing] [ MVP]

Tuesday, January 28, 2020 7:49 AM