Hidden text identifier in meeting invites RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Everyone,

I noticed when creating new Skype Meetings via Outlook the invite contains the hidden text identifier at the bottom of our invites.

I cannot figure out how to remove it.  I have checked my Exchange Transport rules and nothing is configured.  I have also check the CsMeetingConfiguration CustomFooterText which is empty. 

I just upgraded to the May 2017 CU this weekend and I feel like that caused it.  

Anyone know how to get rid of that hidden text?

Monday, October 2, 2017 7:03 PM

All replies

• Hi igibason,

I did a test with my outlook 2016 client, when I schedule the skype meeting, it looks like below:

You can use Exchange Transport rules to find and replace this identifier with whatever you want. For details, please refer to

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg398638.aspx

https://hanytaha.wordpress.com/2012/01/11/how-to-add-custom-text-to-lync-meeting-invitation/

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, October 3, 2017 6:08 AM
  • Hi Alice,

Thanks for the reply and information.  I did find out about the hidden text identifier however my issue is it should be hidden and not showing like it is in my original post.  I am not trying to create a transport rule.

Also the formatting of my invite is different than yours.  For examples, your has the  Join Skype Meeting link while mine does not. 

Do you what could cause this behavior?

Thanks again,

Ian...

Tuesday, October 3, 2017 12:58 PM
  • Hi igibason,

In my opinion, this issue is about customizing skype meeting invitation, you could do this in SFB control panel

Based on my research, I couldn’t find a method to remove text identifier expect for transport rule, the following picture will show you how to configure skype meeting invitation

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Thursday, October 5, 2017 10:04 AM
    Wednesday, October 4, 2017 9:24 AM