locked
Mailbox Migration Error - Couldn't find a move request that corresponds to the specified identity RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi everyone,

    In our environment, we have 4 Domain Controllers in DC, 2 Domain Controllers in DR, and exchange server 2016 with stretched DAG (2 MBX in DC and 2 MBX in DR site).

    When i try to migrate mailbox to a different database with EAC, i always get this error as soon as the migration process starts

    error:
    Error: MigrationTransientException: Couldn‎'t find a move request that corresponds to the specified identity ‎'45665703-3f50-430b-9803-cd177ff87a57‎'. --> Couldn‎'t find a move request that corresponds to the specified identity ‎'45665703-3f50-430b-9803-cd177ff87a57‎'.

    In the end, the status of the migration is "Completed with errors" and the mailbox considered as failed. However, that mailbox is successfully moved to the target database if I check it with EMS.

    If I set up the migration with option "Manual complete the batch" in EAC, I still get this error at the beginning of migration but the status of migration will be "Completed" with no errors at all.

    Why is this happening? Do you have any solutions for this issue? Thanks in advance.


    • Edited by Rizka Fauzanul Thursday, May 28, 2020 9:46 AM add additional information
    Thursday, May 28, 2020 9:42 AM

All replies

  • Hi,

    What's the detailed version of your Exchange 2016? You can check with the following command:

    Get-ExchangeServer | Format-List Name,Edition,AdminDisplayVersion

    Is the target database mounted in the same site as the source database?

    Does this issue occur with other user mailbox?

    Use the following command to check the database of the user mailbox, make sure the homeMDB is also set correctly:

    Get-Mailbox test1 | fl Name, Database

    Try to restart Microsoft Exchange Replication services on target and source Exchange server. Then use the New-moverequest cmdlet to move the mailbox. If the issue persists, try to check the move report with more details:

    New-MoveRequest -Identity "<user name>" -TargetDatabase "<target mailbox database>" Get-MoveRequest -Identity <user name> Get-MoveRequestStatistics -Identity "<MoveRequestIdParameter>" -IncludeReport| FL

    Regards,

    Lydia Zhou


    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

    Tuesday, June 2, 2020 7:40 AM
  • Just checking in to see if above information was helpful. If you have any questions or need further help on this issue, please feel free to post back.

    Regards, 

    Lydia Zhou


    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

    Friday, June 5, 2020 9:10 AM