none
Show custom created column to the report RRS feed

Answers

• Hi Vishwas'

There are two types of reports in MSProject (version 2013 onwards).  To access custom fields in these reports you need to select the custom field and add it to the report.  

1. For Visual Reports, please see the image below which allows you to add the value to an EV report (Please note that some of the reports in the screen shot are customised ones).

2. For reports in the Reports tab, the if choosing the timephased data field (the default for the EV report) then custom fields are not available for timephased data. (please see the 2nd image).

Ben Howard [MVP] | web | blog | book | P2O

• Marked as answer by Jssvish Wednesday, November 29, 2017 6:14 AM
    Monday, November 27, 2017 7:37 AM

All replies

• Vishws'

Which EV report?

John

Saturday, November 25, 2017 2:38 PM
  • Is it possible to generate any custom (desired) report on MS project. How to generate a custom report that have custom column field (created by our self)?
    Monday, November 27, 2017 4:37 AM
  • Hi Vishwas'

There are two types of reports in MSProject (version 2013 onwards).  To access custom fields in these reports you need to select the custom field and add it to the report.  

1. For Visual Reports, please see the image below which allows you to add the value to an EV report (Please note that some of the reports in the screen shot are customised ones).

2. For reports in the Reports tab, the if choosing the timephased data field (the default for the EV report) then custom fields are not available for timephased data. (please see the 2nd image).

Ben Howard [MVP] | web | blog | book | P2O

• Marked as answer by Jssvish Wednesday, November 29, 2017 6:14 AM
    Monday, November 27, 2017 7:37 AM
  • Vishwas --

I have followed your posts in this user forum for some time now.  I have noticed that you NEVER reply after someone has answered a question for you.  And you RARELY reply when someone asks for additional information.  What gives with that?

This forum is NOT your private forum.  The people who answer questions in this forum are all volunteers.  I think you owe them the respect to let them know when they have answered a question for you to your satisfaction, and then you need to mark their reply as the answer.  And I think you owe them the respect by replying back with additional information when they request it.  And saying Thank You once in a while would not hurt.

Your behavior has led me to STOP replying with answers to the questions you ask.  I do still read your questions, but I will not reply to any of your questions until you meet the above criteria.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Monday, November 27, 2017 7:54 PM
  • Dale,

I wholeheartedly second that. I wrote something similar a couple weeks ago when he/she first started posting and that one time he/she marked my "critique" as the answer.

Even if he/she does get the message, I find his/her post are totally lacking in information. I realize English may or may not be his/her first language but I feel if a user is requesting help on a professional level, the least they can do is to explain their issue in enough detail that we can understand what they want.

John

Monday, November 27, 2017 9:57 PM
  • Thank you, Dale. Someone had to say it.
    Monday, November 27, 2017 10:10 PM
  • Thanking you to All Sir,

For giving your suggestion and respect to all for nice and beneficial reply to me.

Sometimes I don't understand the your answer due to language problem I think this is my fault not yours.

I am new on this forum , sorry for any inconvenience from me.

• Edited by Jssvish Wednesday, November 29, 2017 6:59 AM
    Wednesday, November 29, 2017 6:44 AM
  • Jhon Sir

Thanking you Sir to understand my problem,

Yes Sir, English is not my first language due to that I take some time to understand your answers.

• Edited by Jssvish Wednesday, November 29, 2017 6:58 AM
    Wednesday, November 29, 2017 6:46 AM
  • Vishwas'

There are two main issues with your posts on this forum. First, the questions you ask do not have enough information and that forces us to ask many questions to figure out what you need. Second, as Dale noted, you do not provide feedback so we do not know if our responses helped or not.

What is your native language? Have you ever tried Google Language Translator (https://translate.google.com/)? I use it whenever someone posts a question that is not in English.

John

Wednesday, November 29, 2017 3:36 PM
  • Thanks for suggestion, I will try to provide feedback and please ignore my previous mistakes due to language problem.
    Thursday, November 30, 2017 4:31 AM